Get Your Screenplay Read And Sold
What you'll learn
- Perform 7 critical revisions to your screenplay.
- Polish your script to a professional, marketable standard.
- Write a professional query letter, addressed to producers or agents.
- Prepare and write a professional pitch for the Film and TV industry.
- Deliver your pitch with confidence and without fear, to a professional audience.
- Extend your industry network with relevant professionals, on an ongoing basis.
- Increase the chances of finding a producer, agent, or buyer for your screenplay.
- You need to have written at least one feature or television script.
- You must have the desire to earn a living from your craft.
- You need to set aside 15-30 minutes every day to dedicate to marketing your script - and yourself.
Are you writing to get read? Most writers will say they do, but they really don't. They don't even know exactly what to do in order to achieve success.
I will teach you the exact steps to get your script out in the world - and be noticed.
I will show you how to prepare your script for a marketing round. It will look better than you had ever imagined!
You will learn how to address readers, how write a query letter, and finally: how to prepare a kickass pitch!
I'll even show you how to deliver your pitch in a way that increases your chances of success!
This is not a watch-twenty-hours-of slides type of course. It's an ACTION course. You'll dive straight into the deep end!
What are you waiting for? Do you want to get your first screenwriting paycheck or not?
Let's get to work!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginning screenwriters who have never marketed or sold a script.
- This course is for you if you are a screenwriter who struggles to get access to the market.
- This is for you if you are a pro who wants to make the pitching process more effortless.
Karel Segers wrote his first produced screenplay at age 17. Today he is a story consultant, writer and producer, with experience in film rights acquisition, development and production. Karel is also a certified teacher whose lectures have inspired students in Australia, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. His clients include award-winning filmmakers, of which three Oscar-nominees. Karel is the founder of The Story Department and Logline It, and ranks among the world's most influential people for screenwriting on social media.