Kano Analysis Expert - Basics to Advanced 
What you'll learn
- Using Kano Model, you will be able to understand the customer needs and expectations
- You will be able to prioritize customer needs that will lead to higher customer satisfaction or lower dissatisfaction
- This course goes beyond basic theory and provides you with the tools (Microsoft Excel template provided) to conduct Kano Analysis at a bigger scale.
- There is no prerequisite to take this course.
Note: Students who complete this course have an option to apply for the certification exam by Quality Gurus Inc. and can achieve the Verified Certification from Quality Gurus Inc. It is optional and there is no separate fee for that.
This course is NOT just a basic introduction to Kano Model. This course explains the basic concepts and provides tools to perform a detailed analysis of customer needs and expectations.
1. Microsoft Excel and Google Forms are used to collect customer feedback on various product features.
2. Microsoft Excel is used to analyze customer responses.
The survey questionnaire consists of the functional and dysfunctional questions for each feature. Based on the response to these questions, a feature could be classified as:
1. Must-be Quality
2. One-dimensional Quality
3. Attractive Quality
4. Indifferent Quality
5. Reverse Quality
A summary table is created for each feature based on multiple customer responses. This helps in understanding which category a feature belongs to. To prioritize features and to present the summary in graphical form, a Better/Worst Plot is created.
Performing all these steps using a pen/paper format of the form and manually classifying the features is a time-consuming and boring process. If the survey is conducted on a bigger scale the manual calculations are impossible and impractical to perform. For this, we will be using Microsoft Excel and use some advanced features (INDEX, XMATCH and COUNTIF functions) to perform the analysis.
This tool is widely used by product development professionals to decide what features should be implemented in the new product or in the upgraded version of the product.
Six Sigma and improvement professionals also use this tool to decide what improvement initiatives should be prioritized.
Who this course is for:
- People involved in product development or product improvement
- Six Sigma and Lean professionals/experts
- Improvement professionals and consultants
- Quality Engineers, Quality Managers and Quality Directors
- Product or Project Managers
PMI-PMP, IRCA Registered Lead Auditor, ASQ - CSSBB, CQA, CQE, CMQ/OE, IIA - CIA
Sandeep Kumar has more than 35 years of Quality Management experience. He has worked as Quality Director on a number of projects, including Power, Oil and Gas and Infrastructure projects.
In addition, he provides coaching and consulting services to implement Lean Six Sigma to improve performance.
His areas of specialization include Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2015, Lean, Six Sigma, Risk Management, QMS Audits, Supplier Quality Surveillance, Supplier Pre-qualification, Construction Quality, Mechanical Inspection and Quality Training.
His professional qualification/certifications include:
• ASQ-CSSBB, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• ASQ-CMQ/OE Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
• PMI-PMP Certified Project Management Professional
• IRCA Registered Lead Auditor (QMS-2015)
• IIA-CIA Certified Internal Auditor
• ASQ-CSSGB, Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
• ASQ-CQA Certified Quality Auditor
• ASQ-CQE Certified Quality Engineer
• ASQ-CSQP Certified Supplier Quality Professional