Kali Linux 101
- Download and install VMware virtual machine which will be covered in a lecture
- Basic Linux command prompts
Kali is a penetration testing Linux distribution created by the Offensive Security. It holds a repository of multiple tools for security related engineers including hacking wireless networks, web applications, databases, Reverse engineering, password crackers, and much more! So as you can see, Kali is a versatile and powerful tool for anyone looking to do any cyber security related work.
As indicated by the ‘101’ in the course title, this course is a beginner’s guide to getting started in Kali…to get your feet wet. The course is broken down into 3 sections; Getting started, Basic Configuration, and Tools overview. We first give you an overview of Kali and its use cases then offer a step-by-step walkthrough of installing Kali using VMware. Next we teach you some important configuration setting in the distribution including configuring your network and managing services in Kali. Knowing these procedures will help you setup the proper environments when using Kali and its tools. Finally we go over the top available in Kali and describe their top features and best use cases.
By the end of this course you will be able to have a fully functioning distribution Kali running on your machine. You will also have an understanding of the Linux environment and how to manage network and system services. Lastly you will have a basic overview of the top tools available in Kali.
- This course is intended for newbies who are interested in learning more about penetration testing. This course isn't intended for learning advanced Kali tools lessons
- About Kali and use cases02:22
- Installing and configuring Kali on a VMware Virtual Machine03:23
- Configuring the network adapter03:54
- Booting Kali for the first time02:23
- Basic commands with Kali and VMware03:39
- Basic Kali Configuration01:38
- Configuring your network01:21
- Requesting and Configuring IP Addresses03:25
- Managing services in Kali02:29
- Managing Apache in Kali03:08
- Managing SSH in Kali01:48
- Managing MySQL in Kali04:26
- Vulnerability Analysis Tools Overview03:47
- Tools Overview01:28
- Information Gathering Tools Overview01:35
- Web Applications Tools Overview02:19
- Burp Suite01:43
- Password Attacks Tools Overview00:49
- Top 10 Security Tools Overview04:01
- Hacking WEP Wi-fi Passwords16:22
- BONUS **DISCOUNT COUPONS**00:08
Join the Cyber Security Industry in 2018!
Interested in starting a career in the Cyber Security Industry? 2018 is the time!
Learning the fundamentals of Cyber Security provides you with a powerful, and very useful, set of skills. Learn to think like a hacker so you can better defend your networks and data by studying Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking.
Jobs in Cyber Security are plentiful. Receiving your Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Hacker Forensic Investigator, Penetration Tester and Security+ certification will give you a strong background to more easily tackle and pick up more advanced exams, such as the CISSP certification.
Get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security position paying upwards of six figures! There are currently over one million Cyber Security job openings globally. Demand is greatly outpacing supply which means more opportunity, job security and higher pay for you!
But, don't take our word for it... take a look at the FREE previews (they are available in all our courses) and see for yourself!
CyberTraining 365 is an online academy that offers most in-demand cybersecurity training and certification through different subscription models. Members have access to the ever growing library of quality, engaging videos that are taught by some of industry’s best and most recognized experts.
CyberTraining365 is powered by Social27's patented cloud-based eLearning platform, providing members with an engaging and collaborative learning environment. Through best in class content, social learning tools, and gamification, CyberTraining365 is taking eLearning from Isolation to Collaboration.