Just enough kubernetes to be dangerous
- Conceptual understanding of Docker
- Google/Gmail Account with Billing Setup ( For practical exercises)
Kubernetes is the gold standard in the world of container orchestration. It was originally created by Google, based on their experience of building and managing containers at scale ( at Google Scale). However its now driven by Cloud Native Compute Foundation ( CNCF), an open body, which also offers the official certification i.e. "Kubernetes Certified Administrator". Kubernetes comes with mind boggling features, is very reliable, and extremely sophisticated container orchestration engine. It can let you convert your infrastructure into a Container as a Service (Platform), brining in some of the awe inspiring features such as Zero Down Time Deployments, Fault Tolerance, Auto Scaling, Cloud and Storage integrations, which were extremely difficult to implement. And it brings it to the masses with its truly open, lock in free eco system.
This course would serves as the first step in your kubernetes journey. It would help you get started with Kubernetes quickly and build a foundation while learning by practicing it.
- Anyone who is curious to learn what Kubernetes and a get a quick overview
- Anyone who has built docker images and would like to know how to deploy those in a production like environments
- Learn what is Kubernetes with a Children's Illustrated Guide00:12
- Why Kubernetes - Whiteboard Version07:45
- The Story of Kubernetes07:07
- Kubernetes Core Concepts05:07
- Launching a kubernetes cluster on Google Cloud Platform05:52
- Deploying and publishing frontend app on GKE06:19
- High Availability and Release Strategies with Deployments09:01
- Publishing Applications with Services05:36
- Pods - unit of deployment08:19
- When to run more than one container in a pod ?07:52
- Kubernetes Internal Service Discovery10:40
- Assignment - Deploy application for shopping cart02:57
- Solution - Carts Application Deployment03:06
- Scaling applications manually and with auto scaler09:59
- Zero Downtime Deployment07:23
- Quick dive into kubectl, a CLI client for kubernetes06:02
- Special offer to sign up to Comprehensive Kubernetes Course02:24
- Special coupon to join Ultimate Kubernetes Bootcamp00:38
Gourav comes with more than a decade of experience building, managing and automating systems at scale. He has helped organisations to design and implement devops practices.
He left his corporate job in 2012 to start Initcron, a niche devops consulting firm. He eventually got into delivering devops workshops for the corporates in India and then internationally. He has conducted more than 300 instructor led trainings.
Based on the rare combination of his technical as well as teaching/delivery skills, he started teaching on Udemy circa 2018. In a years time, through School of Devops banner, he has has taught more than 25k students on Udemy and 10k+ in classroom. He is also a published author.