Just Enough Istio to be Dangerous
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes - Pods, Deployments, Services, Ingress etc.
- Working knowledge of Docker
- Google Cloud Account - Free Subscription to setup environment
If you have been using Kubernetes, you must have heard of the brand new concept of service mesh. Istio service mesh is the new thing in town and a lot of folks are wondering what it is and whats the need of it when they are already using kubernetes.
This course would give you a quick understanding of what istio is, how it works and what features it offers on top of kubernetes that makes it talk of the town.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is looking to deploy applications with Kubernetes and looking for advanced features
- Anyone who is curious about Istio and want to find out what it offers on top of Kubernertes features
- 03:51Know your Instructor - Who is Gourav Shah ?
Gourav comes with more than a decade of experience building, managing and automating systems at scale. He has helped organisations to design and implement devops practices.
He left his corporate job in 2012 to start Initcron, a niche devops consulting firm. He eventually got into delivering devops workshops for the corporates in India and then internationally. He has conducted more than 300 instructor led trainings.
Based on the rare combination of his technical as well as teaching/delivery skills, he started teaching on Udemy circa 2018. In a years time, through School of Devops banner, he has has taught more than 25k students on Udemy and 10k+ in classroom. He is also a published author.