Just enough Ansible to be dangerous
- Basic Linux Operations and CLI
- A laptop or a desktop with a Web Browser
- Docker Envrionment or a Cloud Account
- Terminal software e.g. iterm, bash, conemu
Ansible is set to be the standard in the world of IT Infrastrcuture Management. It's a rare combination of simplicity meeting sophistication. Its core principle being simple is reflected in all its design choices such as agentless setup, small footprint, push model, YAML as a language to define infrastructure state etc. Its easy to setup, easy to write code with, easy to extend while writing custom modules. At the same time it offers everything a IT Systems, Networks or a Oprations/Devops person needs.
This course is been designed the get you started with Ansible quickly, and understand its key feature while learning by practice. By the end of this course you should be familiar with the ansible fundamentals and be comfortable at the least running ansible playbooks with a little customisation.
- A Systems Administrator who manages machines at scale
- A Devops Engineer who would like to automate configurations and application deployments
- A Sysops/Operations Engineer who would like to automate application installation and configurations
- A Developer who would like to automate application deployments and the one who follows "You build it you run it ! " philosophy
- Know your Instructor - Who is Gourav Shah ?03:51
- Section Introduction02:12
- Setting up codespaces environment05:05
- Inventories and host patterns05:22
- Ad hoc management with Modules06:37
- Roles for modular configurations04:47
- Playbooks to map hosts to roles04:26
- Applying common configurations to all hosts07:10
- Configuring frontend application with ansible09:14
- Additional ansible code organization patterns04:57
- Just enough Ansible Summary01:21
- Special coupon to join Ultimate Ansible Bootcamp00:38
Gourav comes with more than a decade of experience building, managing and automating systems at scale. He has helped organisations to design and implement devops practices.
He left his corporate job in 2012 to start Initcron, a niche devops consulting firm. He eventually got into delivering devops workshops for the corporates in India and then internationally. He has conducted more than 300 instructor led trainings.
Based on the rare combination of his technical as well as teaching/delivery skills, he started teaching on Udemy circa 2018. In a years time, through School of Devops banner, he has has taught more than 25k students on Udemy and 10k+ in classroom. He is also a published author.