JUnit 5: Java Unit Tests for Beginners
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write a variety of unit test types
- Create practical, real-world test scenarios
- Follow unit testing best practices
- Understand JUnit test lifecycle
- Run unit tests in Eclipse
- Basic Java programming skills – you should be able to create classes with fields and methods, recognize primitive data types like int or String, and understand the basics of lists
- Eclipse IDE – you can download the IDE for free
If you want to apply for your first job as a Java Developer but have never written a unit test before – this is the right course for you.
According to statistics, nearly 80% of all Java developers write unit tests with JUnit, and my developing practice proves it. It is a basic skill required by most employees, so if you want to start your Java Developer professional career, you have to master JUnit.
In this course, I'll teach you the practical basics of JUnit 5 – the latest version of the most popular Java unit testing framework.
I’ll introduce only the essential theory behind unit testing, and then dive straight into the code to get you started as quickly as possible. I’ll use an example of a simple, yet practical Java project to show you a variety of unit test types. You'll also learn the best practices and coding standards for unit tests based on my developing experience.
This course comes with additional exercises to help you review everything you have learnt from my video lectures. I’ll also provide you with a sample solution to the exercises so that you can compare your answers. As a bonus, you will get a one-page cheat sheet for a quick JUnit 5 reference.
✔ concise – my short video lectures focused on the most important info help you save time and learn maximally effectively,
✔ based on practice – instead of useless academic theory, you learn the best developing practices drawn from my work experience,
✔ reasonably priced – compared to stationary developer bootcamps, the course is much cheaper, so you save not only time but also money,
✔ available anywhere, anytime – the online form lets you run the course in the most convenient place (at home, work or in a café) and time (while commuting by metro or relaxing at home after work), so you can adjust it to your agenda,
✔ accessible on desktop, mobile and TV – you can display my lectures on the device of your choice, so you don’t have to stick to your PC,
✔ certificate of completion – after completing the course, you will receive a printable certificate that will make your resume more attractive.
Intro video music courtesy of Bensound
- People with basic Java knowledge who want to learn unit testing from scratch
- Students who want to prepare for their first IT job
- Developers who know JUnit 4 but want to learn JUnit 5