- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 hour on-demand audio
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn about the different types of resume formats and when/why to use them
- See how to write an accomplishments-based resume
- Get the insider tips you need to know to get your resume noticed
- Find out an easy technique to identify your Unique Promise of Value
- Draw attention to your uniqueness in your resume
- None really, but you might want to have your resume handy so you can make notes on it as you follow along.
Go From Job Seeker to Job FINDER!
Get insider advice from career experts with almost 40 years of combined experience. You’ll be motivated, inspired and gain the edge you need in today’s market. Experience a process that goes beyond just the theory of how to find the work you love.
READY - This course is one of three in the Job Search Boot Camp series, recorded live by Angela & Jay in 2010. The two other courses are AIM & GET HIRED!
The AIM Course can be found on Udemy at:
The GET HIRED! course can be found on Udemy at:
What you'll learn in this course:
- The different types of resume formats and when/why to use them
- How to write an accomplishments-based resume
- Various insider tips you need to know to get your resume noticed
- An easy technique to identify your Unique Promise of Value
- How to draw attention to your uniqueness in your resume
Workbook includes samples, advice and exercises.
Feedback from clients about Jay's approach to career transition:
“Jay provides a good balance of practical advice and positive encouragement.” – M.G., Austin, TX
“You gave me a jump start after I have been bogged down by doubts and insecurities.” – C.L., Austin, TX
“Even if you are aware of the wide range of strategies he shares, you’ll come away with more information making it very worthwhile, especially for the short amount of time invested.” – C.S., Austin, TX
“I wanted to let you know that I accepted a job with NI last week. I’m excited about the opportunity….it’s a great role. Thanks for your help.” – J.L., Austin, TX
Feedback from clients about Angela's approach to career transition:
“Angela provided me with career transition consulting and my only regret was not finding her sooner! From the help re-writing my resume, to the worksheets that helped me to understand my key competencies (very useful for competency-based interviews), to understanding the importance of networking and LinkedIn. Every piece of information and advice Angela gave me was incredibly helpful and definitely got me out of my job search rut. In addition, her upbeat and positive attitude made it an all around pleasant experience working with her. Angela is the ultimate expert at what she does.” Top qualities: Great Results, Expert, High Integrity – Jamelyn Hart, Austin, TX
“Angela helped me get a clearer direction in my career path. In our meeting Angela assisted me in narrowing down my fields of interest, suggested some organizations to research, and helped direct me in my action plan. She provided me with several worksheets that were key in revamping my resume. Angela's career coaching has been invaluable to me, and I see a light at the end of the tunnel now thanks to her!” Top qualities: Personable, Expert, Creative – Debbie Lester, Austin, TX
- Anyone looking for a job
- Anyone looking for a job who wants an edge in their job search
- Anyone looking for a job and who needs to articulate their value proposition to a future employer or manager
- Anyone looking for a job and who wants to update or create a strong resume that stands out
- Anyone wanting a job they love
- This course is best for those who are looking for a job in the US Market or with a US-based employer
Welcome to the virtual version of The Job Search Boot Camp!
The first module of READY is "Ready Yourself," and we kick it all off with a lecture about why and how to "clear baggage." Mental clarity is critical to your success.
You'll also learn about how important it is to manage your stress during your job search and will gain some useful techniques to do so during this entire module.
Wrapping things up!
Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"The crowning fortune of a man is to be born to some pursuit which finds him employment and happiness, whether it to be to make baskets or broad swords, or canals, or statues, or songs."
If you're interested in the AIM (Prepare Your Strategy and Execute Your Search) part of The Job Search Boot Camp, you can check it out by going to https://www.udemy.com/jsbc-aim
And the GET HIRED! (Conduct Stand-Out Interviews and Confident Negotiations) part is at https://www.udemy.com/jsbc-get-hired