- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1.5 hours on-demand audio
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Get tips on how to dress and act in the interview to make the best impression
- Gain skills in how to best ask and answer questions during the interview
- Find out the 3 questions the interviewer is trying to answer in order to give you a job offer
- Hear about the #1 reason candidates do not get the job
- Learn how to negotiate for 10%-30% more in compensation
- Might be useful to take the READY & AIM courses, but not absolutely necessary
Your resume and your search strategies can take you far in your job search. But it's the interview where you make or break it. This is where you can truly... Go From Job Seeker to Job FINDER!
And what do you need to do once you get the offer? That's right... you need to negotiate. Don't leave money on the table.
Get insider advice from career experts with almost 40 years of combined experience. You’ll be motivated, inspired and gain the edge you need in today’s market. Experience a process that goes beyond just the theory of how to find the work you love.
GET HIRED! - This course is one of three in the Job Search Boot Camp series, recorded live by Angela & Jay in 2010. The other two are READY & AIM.
The READY Course can be found on Udemy at:
The AIM course can be found on Udemy at:
What you'll learn:
- Tips on how to dress and act in the interview to make the best impression
- How to best ask and answer questions
- The 3 questions the interviewer is trying to answer in order to give you a job offer
- The #1 reason candidates do not get the job
- How to negotiate for 10%-30% more in compensation
Workbook includes samples, advice and exercises.
Feedback from clients about Jay's approach to career transition:
“Jay provides a good balance of practical advice and positive encouragement.” – M.G., Austin, TX
“You gave me a jump start after I have been bogged down by doubts and insecurities.” – C.L., Austin, TX
“Even if you are aware of the wide range of strategies he shares, you’ll come away with more information making it very worthwhile, especially for the short amount of time invested.” – C.S., Austin, TX
“I wanted to let you know that I accepted a job with NI last week. I’m excited about the opportunity….it’s a great role. Thanks for your help.” – J.L., Austin, TX
Feedback from clients about Angela's approach to career transition:
“Angela provided me with career transition consulting and my only regret was not finding her sooner! From the help re-writing my resume, to the worksheets that helped me to understand my key competencies (very useful for competency-based interviews), to understanding the importance of networking and LinkedIn. Every piece of information and advice Angela gave me was incredibly helpful and definitely got me out of my job search rut. In addition, her upbeat and positive attitude made it an all around pleasant experience working with her. Angela is the ultimate expert at what she does.” Top qualities: Great Results, Expert, High Integrity – Jamelyn Hart, Austin, TX
“Angela helped me get a clearer direction in my career path. In our meeting Angela assisted me in narrowing down my fields of interest, suggested some organizations to research, and helped direct me in my action plan. She provided me with several worksheets that were key in revamping my resume. Angela's career coaching has been invaluable to me, and I see a light at the end of the tunnel now thanks to her!” Top qualities: Personable, Expert, Creative – Debbie Lester, Austin, TX
- Anyone looking for a job
- Anyone looking for a job and who wants to knock the socks off the interviewer so they can get an offer
- Anyone looking for a job and who needs to improve their negotiation skills
- Anyone wanting a job they love
- This course is best for those who are looking for a job in the US Market or with a US-based employer
Welcome to the virtual version of The Job Search Boot Camp!
GET HIRED! is the last of 3 parts of the larger program.
Coming face to face with those who have the power to hire you? Learn how to ace the interview so that you get a job offer... and negotiate well so that you get market value for your skills and qualifications.
NOTE: During the following lectures, we frequently refer to the workbook. If you haven't downloaded the workbook yet, we strongly suggest that you do so before you begin Section 2.
Get loads of great interview success tips in this lecture:
- Do Sweat the Small Stuff
- Follow the Rules
- Deal with the Negatives
- A-C-E the Interview
- Build Rapport
- Overcome Obstacles
Wrapping things up!
This short video takes you through a quick review of the course.
If you started with GET HIRED! but you're interested in the first part of the Job Search Boot Camp, READY (Ready Yourself, Ready Your Resume), you can check it out by going to https://www.udemy.com/jsbc-ready
And you can take the second part, AIM (Prepare Your Strategy and Execute Your Search) by going to https://www.udemy.com/jsbc-aim
The 20 questions we ask and answer in this video pertain to the entire Job Search Boot Camp, so that means READY, AIM, as well as GET HIRED!
If you haven't taken the READY and AIM courses, then you might want to check them out before you watch this video.
Of course, you might be the type who likes to read the end of the book first, or maybe you want to get a taste of what we teach in the other courses. If so, then go for it.
Either way, we hope you enjoy!