What you'll learn
- Explore the differences between package managers, build tools, and deployment options
- Utilize real-world APIs to write portfolio-building projects
- In this course, I will help you install the necessary software, libraries, and tools on your computer. It will be helpful if you are comfortable with installing your own software and knowing a couple terminal commands (specifically mkdir and cd).
Whether you are a student or working developer who only knows Java or Python, a wannabe developer who’s learning on their own, an applicant for a coding bootcamp, or a developer who hasn’t touched web technologies in a while, the concepts covered in this course will help you beef up your knowledge, your skills, your resume, and your portfolio.
In this course, you will:
Call real-world APIs and parse the data in your own web projects
Use popular web tooling including npm, Yarn, Grunt, Gulp, and webpack
Study the ins and outs of React component lifecycles, state, properties, and other core React concepts
Build modern web projects with React
Deploy your web applications online for the world to see
Take real-world interview practice quizzes as you build your knowledge
Who this course is for:
- People who want to build modern web applications with React
- Developers who want to build their resume material with a modern framework
- People interested in applying to join a coding bootcamp
- College students who want to try their hand at web programming
Cassidy is a Principal Developer Experience Engineer at Netlify. She's worked for several other places, including CodePen, Amazon, and Venmo, and she's had the honor of working with various non-profits, including cKeys and Hacker Fund as their Director of Outreach. She's active in the developer community, and one of Glamour Magazine's 35 Women Under 35 Changing the Tech Industry and LinkedIn's Top Professionals 35 & Under. As an avid speaker, Cassidy has participated in several events including the Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing, TEDx, the United Nations, and dozens of other technical events. She wants to inspire generations of STEM students to be the best they can be, and her favorite quote is from Helen Keller: "One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." She loves mechanical keyboards and karaoke.
Join Cassidy on Udemy to kickstart your career in software!