jQuery and AJAX for Beginners - The Definitive Guide
Websites and HTML5 apps need to be interactive, dynamic and smooth to the end user.
This course is 100% jQuery 2.x compliant!
Some of the things you will learn in this course:
- When to use jQuery 1.x or 2.x.
- CSS selectors and DOM traversing functions in depth to find any element you want.
- DOM manipulation to add or remove custom HTML content anywhere, whenever you decide.
- Working with events to create interactive sites.
- Listen to changes in select dropdowns and checkboxes.
- jQuery animations and effects. Slide, fade, show, hide.
- AJAX to load dynamic HTML from the server.
- Working with JSON from the server.
- Interactive forms that display extra fields according to the values of other fields.
- AJAX form submission the easy way.
- Dealing with cache issues in AJAX requests.
- Learn jQuery in a 2.x compliant manner.
Who this course is for:
- Web developers of all backgrounds, including beginners, who want to update their skills and learn jQuery from scratch
- 05:13Course Intro
- 04:42Obtaining jQuery
- 02:16jQuery Documentation
- 00:03Course Source Code
- 00:16Additional Resources
Certified game developer and Founder of ZENVA - the world's leading platform to learn game making, VR, machine learning and full-stack programming. Since 2012, Pablo has been developing professional-grade courses that have helped over 1 million people gain valuable skills.
Pablo is a member of the Intel Innovator Program in the Asia Pacific Region, and has run live programming workshops in San Francisco, Brisbane and Bangalore.
Pablo holds a Master in Information Technology (Management) degree from the University of Queensland (Australia) and a Master of Science in Engineering degree from the Catholic University of Chile.
Trusted by over 1 million learners and developers, Zenva provides world-class training on in-demand programming skills covering game development, machine learning, virtual reality and full-stack web development.
Our e-learning platform Zenva Academy is the leading place to upskill, learn and gain key tech skills for the innovation economy. Our curriculum is organized about Mini-Degrees™ which cover a wide range of technical subjects and include video, project files and mentor support.