Build a Single Page Application with jQuery & AJAX
- Knowing jQuery is a plus, but certainly not required!
- Have Node and NPM installed (instructions included in the first section of this course)
- You should know how to build a basic CRUD app with Node's Express (or some other MVC) framework (if you don't, that's fine too, the Express app is already built for you)
- What you will learn in this course may also be applied to frameworks like Django and Rails or any client-side project that has full access to a REST API
Hi and welcome to Build a Single Page Application with jQuery & AJAX!
Well look no further! Join me in this quick, easy-to-follow, step-by-step course and get started learning the ins-and-outs of AJAX with jQuery, today!
What will we be building?
We're going to take a simple CRUD application, made with Node's Express framework, and refactor it into a single page application using jQuery & AJAX (I've already created the Express app for you, so you can jump right into learning AJAX).
You can then use this knowledge to integrate AJAX into any of your current or future web projects.
If you don't know Express or jQuery then you can still follow along, but I would highly recommend learning those technologies beforehand to get the most out of this course. You can learn Express and jQuery (along with a myriad of other modern web technologies) from Colt Steele in his "The Web Developer Bootcamp" course on Udemy.
What makes this course unique?
Coming from a bootcamp background, both as a student and instructor, I know how important it is for each student to get the attention they need in order to be successful. That is why I am always happy to offer additional support to anyone struggling with the topics in my course.
As many of my current students can tell you, I am highly attentive and answer all questions from the Q&A board as quickly as possible (some as quick as a few minutes, but most within 12 - 24 hours).
I am always listening to feedback from my students and constantly updating the course curriculum accordingly. So if you see something that is missing, please do not hesitate to send me a message about it and I will be sure to respond in a timely fashion.
- This course is for anyone who is interested in building really cool websites!
- Anyone who wants to learn to build seamless single page applications (SPA) with AJAX
- Also recommended for anyone who has completed Colt Steele's "The Web Developer Bootcamp" (or any similar course)
- Setup and project overview
- What you will need to get started
- GET request lecture resources
- How to make a POST request with AJAX
- POST request lecture resources
- How to make PUT & DELETE requests with AJAX
- PUT & DELETE request lecture resources
- Creating a To Do Item - Part 1
- Creating a To Do Item - Part 1 - Resources
- Creating a To Do Item - Part 2
- Creating a To Do Item - Part 2 - Resources
- Editing a To Do Item - Part 1
- Editing a To Do Item - Part 1 - Resources
- Note about "Editing a To Do Item - Part 2"
- Editing a To Do Item - Part 2
- Editing a To Do Item - Part 2 - Resources
- Deleting a To Do Item
- Deleting a To Do Item - Resources
- Updating/Refactoring Your Code
- Updating/Refactoring Your Code - Resources
- Transpile Template Literal Syntax with Babel, using Gulp
- Search Functionality
- Microservice Refactor
- Microservice Refactor - Part 1
- Microservice Refactor - Part 2
- Bonus Lecture
Ian has been enveloped in technology since childhood. By age 13 he was building websites and graphics for his online gaming teams. This hobby eventually turned into a profession.
He has taught web development at several popular bootcamps, including General Assembly, Galvanize, iXperience, DevMountain, and Tech Talent South.
Ian truly enjoys helping others learn to code. Feel free to send him a message if you have questions about changing careers or learning a new skill.