Joomla Frontend Management Professional
- 9 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will master Joomla frontend
- You will learn how to perform tasks without being a Joomla administrator
- How to prepare Joomla for a client/ end user
- Automate content creation/ presentation
- How to utilise Joomla modules and maximise user experience
- Understand viewing access levels and backend permissions
This course presents how you can manage Joomla Content Management System using the Frontend AND prepare the backend permitting access for end users/ clients.
You will learn how to login to Joomla frontend, edit and modify existing articles, submit new articles and how to configure your site so that fresh content appear automatically in the appropriate section.
Imagine allowing your client to master their website; saving you (the developer) time and money.
How to create a cloud instance of Joomla CMS in seconds
- Launch a fully functional Joomla website via joomla.org
- Activate your cloud account
- Login to your hosting panel
- Visit your website
- Administer your Joomla website
Do you have a tablet? Then you can launch a cloud instance of Joomla.
In the next lessons I present how to install Joomla into your local Windows Computer/laptop. If you rely on a tablet you may skip the next lessons.
I would advise to go through the lessons just to understand the process; you never know, maybe at some point you will need to create a portable /local version of your Joomla website.
In this lesson we are going to transform your computer to a web server. To achieve our goal we need to install (for a Windows OS) a WAMP suite.
WAMP, Stands for "Windows, Apache, MySQL, and PHP." WAMP is a variation of LAMP for Windows systems and is often installed as a software bundle (Apache, MySQL, and PHP). It is often used for web development and internal testing, but may also be used to serve live websites.
The most important part of the WAMP package is Apache (or "Apache HTTP Server") which is used run the web server within Windows. By running a local Apache web server on a Windows machine, a web developer can test webpages in a web browser without publishing them live on the Internet.
Checklist to install a fresh (90 days trial) Joomla website with a (free) professional template and a Page Builder.
- How to extend our Joomla website and install a professional template
- How to check the layout for our new template
- Fundamentals about modules - How to utilise our Template
Many students ask me to recommend free Joomla extensions. So I decided to write down some of the extensions that I personally find handy.
To my knowledge mentioned extensions are free to use. Most developers offer a paid version with either advanced functionality or with support.
Learn about Joomla Categories and how to structure our content into sections.
- What is a Category? Why and when we need to create categories
- How to group articles into categories
- How to re-order our categories
- How to select a category when creating an article
- How to change the category for a batch of articles
- User options, how to change the default group for Guests accounts
- How we can allow users to register to our website
- How to restrict access to the Submit Article menu item
- How Joomla permissions are calculated
- How to create an additional 'User Menu'
- How to create a menu alias to an existing Menu Item
- How to display our User Menu (using a Module)
- How to batch copy menu items form one menu to another
- Create a Create an Article Menu item
- Appoint access to 'Special Level'
- Login to the frontend as an author
- Submit an article
- Logout then login to the frontend as a manager
- Edit and publish an article pending review
- How to set an article as unpublished so that we can finalise it later
Extended Joomla Image Manager
- How to resize images (their physical size) upon upload
- How to edit an existing image -editing options
- How to save an edited image with a different name
- How to create responsive images
- How to use the media manager and present videos /media files to users
In this lecture we discuss how you can maximise the options to master your Joomla frontend. The default Joomla provides limited options. The good news is that there are lots of available extensions in the Joomla extensions directory. In many cases the extensions provide frontend views so that our users can enjoy the features provided by the extension.
We can also use Form Builders and create bespoke forms that are users can fill-out directly from the frontend. Or maybe we can rely on a Content Construction Kit and create web applications providing our users with all kind of options and features
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge about Content Management Systems
- How to use a web editor/ create posts using a CMSystem
- Access to a Joomla website (or launch a free site on joomla org)
- Internet access!
Course based on Joomla 3 CMS
This online course is mainly designed for end users and administrators. People that use Joomla to create, edit, modify and administer digital content.
Whether you are a professional or end user this course is for you. As an end user you can master Joomla; as a professional you learn to configure Joomla for your clients.
The main reason I created this course was to allow my clients to perform basic Joomla tasks without my involvement.
Register to this course and learn Web Development Fundamentals with Joomla 3 Content Management System!
- Joomla Frontend article Editing
- How to manage Joomla from the Frontend
- You learn how to automate Joomla CMS tasks
- How to benefit from a Content Construction Kit
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with or endorsed by the Joomla!® Project or Open Source Matters.
The Joomla!® name and logo is used under a limited license granted by Open Source Matters, the trademark holder in the United States and other countries.
- End users that want to master their Joomla Content Management System
- Anyone that wants to learn Joomla (fundamentals)
- Professionals that want to allow end users to access Joomla CMS
- Joomla Website developers that want to automate common tasks
- Users that want to be certified on mastering Joomla frontend