JOLLY GRAMMAR LEVEL 6
What you'll learn
- Paragraph structure and cohesion
- Relative pronouns
- Relative and modal adverbs
- Modal and linking verbs
- Learners will need a basic understanding of the English language.
- A good knowledge of the Jolly Phonics as the foundation to literacy. The Jolly Phonics Course is available here on Udemy.
- A good knowledge of Jolly Grammar levels 1 & 2 course. This is available here on Udemy.
- A good knowledge of the Jolly Grammar 3 course. This is available here on Udemy.
- A good knowledge of the Jolly Grammar 4 course. This is available here on Udemy.
- A good knowledge of the Jolly Grammar 5 course. This is available here on Udemy.
- A Course notebook for writing notes and for answering practice questions.
The Jolly Grammar Level 6 course follows on from Jolly Grammar level 5 course. The following will be taught:
Paragraph structure and cohesion.
Relative and modal adverbs,
Modal and linking verbs
How to distinguish between a phrase and a sentence.
How to identify the subject and object of a sentence.
How to organize sentences into paragraphs.
How to form the continuous tenses.
New parts of speech will be introduced namely:
collective nouns, irregular plurals, possessive nouns and object pronouns.
There will regular parsing practice with the aim of building dictionary skills, improving vocabulary and reinforcing grammar knowledge.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This Jolly Grammar level 6 course will cover the following:
Coordinating and subordinating conjunctions.
Prepositional phrases can act as adjectives.
Past participle and relatives can act as adjectives.
Clauses can act as adjectives.
The active voice.
The passive voice.
How a sentence with a direct object sometimes has an indirect object.
Complex sentence with a subordinate clause.
How to form imperatives,
Reinforce and extend phonic knowledge.
Teach spelling systematically.
Expand vocabulary and improve comprehension.
Introduce Nouns acting as Adjectives.
Introduce morphemes, such as prefixes and suffixes.
Enable the children to analyse and parse text.
Introduce syntax and sentence structure.
Develop the children’s use of punctuation.
Develop the children’s dictionary and thesaurus skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for teachers and all education professionals who teach English Language literacy to children especially at the primary/elementary level
- The Jolly Grammar 6 Course is highly recommended for every teacher who teaches in English Language to primary class children.
- This course is very crucial for parents of children in primary/elementary levels who are learning the English language.
- The course is excellent for adults who are struggling with their English literacy skills because of a lack of solid literacy foundation.
- This course is recommended for anyone who is learning the English Language as a second language
She is an Early Years Education professional of many years’ experience with multiple and diverse expertise in different areas of education.
Dr Tina is the person that brought Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar to Nigeria for the very first time in 1999. She is the first Nigerian official and accredited Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar International Trainer and has been actively training since 2003.
She has trained hundreds of thousands of teachers and educators in the use of Jolly Phonics and Jolly Grammar.
Dr Tina is the Founder and CEO the Chelis Group in Nigeria.