Join Together Now: Write T-SQL Joins to query SQL Server
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 27 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write queries to combine data from two or more database tables.
- Understand the difference between an inner and outer join.
- Have the confidence to use joins in t-sql queries.
- Learn to simplify complex SQL statement with table aliases
- Overcome one of the major stumbling blocks stopping you from mastering SQL.
The ultimate goal is to help you understand joins, so you can take your database skills to the next level!
Understand what a join it, why they are needed, and how they work. We'll go over an example, so by the end of this lesson, you'll be able to recognize one within a SQL statement!
Learn about outer joins and how row are matched from one table to the next using the join condition.
- You should already be familiar with SELECT, GROUP BY, and ORDER BY clauses
- Access to a PC running Windows 7, 8, or 10
In this Course you will Learn to:
Use different types of joins to solve real-world query problems.
Understand the key differences between inner and outer joins.
Use non-equi joins to solve interesting problems such as calculating running totals.
Combine columns from two or more tables into a single result.
Know when to use an outer join.
Nothing is worse than
Being excited to learn something new but not knowing where to start.
Wasting time learning the wrong features.
Being overwhelmed with options and not know which to use.
Knowledge - Knowing how to quickly use joins to take your SQL to the next level.
Confidence - Feeling good that you’re on the right track.
Accomplishment - Having a sense of accomplishment that you've learned something most cannot.
Fun - Having fun learning SQL inner and outer joins!
By the time you’ve completed this course you’ll have an appreciation of joins, overcome your fear, and able to write queries combining data from multiple tables.
Now that’s cool!
- Beginner SQL query authors curious about combining data from multiple tables using SQL joins.
- If you're struck writing joins or baffled by outer joins, then this course is for you!