Job Searching In and After the Pandemic
This course will give you steps to take today so you're ready to start your search tomorrow. We'll review your resume and cover letter, take a look at technology's new role in the job search, offer tips for acing virtual interviews, find those current openings, and create a plan of action to get you back to work.
- Women of the Mohawk Valley who need job search assistance
- Preparing a Quality Resume and Cover Letter05:07
- Potential Employers02:29
- Intro to Google Suite01:55
- The Many Tools in Google Suite22:09
- The Benefits and Pitfalls of Social Media03:36
- How to prepare your on-camera backdrop07:05
- How to present yourself and prepare for interview answers12:50
- Finding local employers who are currently hiring04:57
- Plan of Action01:40
The Women's Employment and Resource Center (WERC) has served the displaced homemaker community throughout the Mohawk Valley for more than 30 years. Our trainings have traditionally been in-person in the classroom and have included a variety of computer and soft skills including customer service, communications, conflict resolution and more. With the sudden transition to virtual as a result of the Pandemic, WERC is looking to offer more on-demand trainings to meet the needs of our clients.