Getting Ahead in the Unpublished Job Market
What you'll learn
- The student will be in a position to put into practice proven strategies and techniques to tab into the unpublished or hidden job market.
- You will learn how to create a target list of potential employers to better focus your job search efforts.
- How and where to go to do research on a company or field of interest to uncover the opportunities available.
- How to use your network to uncover unpublished job opportunities
- How to prepare and conduct an information interview, one of your best tools in your when looking a new job
- Tips and best practices when you want to contact a potential employer directly.
- Students need to have a willingness to learn
*** Course lectures updated and bonus lecture added - 21 March 2019 ***
When it comes to job searching, most people go to the ¨traditional¨ or published job market the job ads section of the newspapers, job banks, such as Monster or Indeed or recruiting agencies. What most job seekers don´t know is that those job search resources only cover a small percentage, from 10 to 30 percent of all positions available at any time. This fact explains why sometimes is so hard, for well qualified candidates, to find that the job they are looking for.
That´s why I have created ¨Job Search Insights: Getting Ahead in the Unpublished Job Market¨.
On this video course you will learn the strategies to tap into the unpublished or hidden job market where 70 percent of the job market positions are available, including over 80 percent of all six-figure salary positions.
On this video course you will learn:
What is the unpublished job market and why you should include it as part of your job search strategy.
How and where to go to research on a company of interest
How to use your network of contacts to enhance your job search
Learn the art of informational interviews, one of the least used, but most effective means of getting the information you want about a company, industry or job position.
How to use five methods to contact your target companies directly, the pros and cons of each and how to identify the right person to contact within you list of target companies.
Who this course is for:
- This course meant for people who are looking for additional tools and strategies as part of their job search efforts.
- This course is suitable for people who are considering a career move in a new field or industry.
- For professional of all levels who want to uncover potential job opportunities available, but not necessarily published in the “traditional” job market.
Ramon is an experienced manager with solid background in business and people development, business process quality assurance, contract management and regulatory compliance for technology, government and healthcare industries.
As part of his 30+ years career experience, he has more than 20 years of experience managing and consulting for international teams from small and medium to Fortune 500 companies.