Job Interviews: What Employers Want To Hear
What you'll learn
- How to answer the most frequently asked questions during job interviews.
- What employers want to hear during a job interview.
- What persons being interviewed say that is a negative to hiring managers
- How to prepare in advance for your interview session
- What you can’t be asked during a job interview.
- What to do following your job interview.
- Things that should (and shouldn’t) be on our resume.
- An interest in improving your interview skills
What makes one candidate stand out over others in job interviews? Frequently, it is because the person says all the right things and avoids interview “traps.” Dave Edwards has conducted thousands of job interviews for entry-level jobs to senior executive positions. He has researched the most commonly asked questions in interviews and what hiring managers want to hear from candidates. He has also learned what people say that might cause a candidate to be rejected. He shares his knowledge to better prepare you for your next interview and give you more confidence. This practical advice presented in an easy-to-understand manner that you can put into practice immediately.
You will learn:
How to answer the most frequently asked questions during job interviews.
What employers want to hear during a job interview.
What persons being interviewed say that is a negative to hiring managers
How to prepare in advance for your interview session
What to do following your job interview.
Things that should (and shouldn’t) be on our resume.
What you can’t be asked during a job interview.
Plus, there are study guides that will help you remember each of the points discussed in the lectures.
Dave brings his personal knowledge and research to the subject. Plus, as an educator and former broadcaster, he knows how to communicate to his viewers.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is planning on a job search will benefit from knowing what to say (and what not to say) during a job interview.
In addition to the courses he has developed for Udemy, Dave teaches classes in journalism and ethics for Milwaukee’s Marquette University and classes in strategic planning and professional communications for Alverno College in Milwaukee. He also helps aspiring leaders through executive coaching, workshops, and providing consulting services. He holds the title of Director Emeritus from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and managed in public media for more than 30 years and served as chairman of the National Public Radio Board of Directors.