Analytics for Beginners
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Introduce students to the fundamentals of Analytics
- Briefly examine career possibilities in the field of analytics
- Basic understanding of regression is also covered in the course
- Have lots of fun using analytics!
- Basic maths, logic and reasoning skills with a desire to learn more!
Ever felt that you’re missing out on the data race? Don’t know the difference between a variable and a vegetable? Then our Analytics for Beginners course is just for you!
What is this course about?
The motive of the course is to introduce absolute beginners, or novices to the fundamentals of analytics by using examples from daily life. Using a combination of real-life stories, interviews with analytics experts and journalistic articles presented in a breezy narrative style, Analytics for Beginners will ensure that you will never look at numbers and data in the same way again.
How will you do that?
By understanding how companies like Netflix, Amazon, Facebook or even great individuals like Archimedes or Florence Nightingale used analytics in their chosen spheres of work, the course will convey the relevance and importance of using analysis in everyday life. In terms of prior requirements, the viewer will only need a working knowledge of Excel, with logical and reasoning skills. A basic understanding of regression is also covered in the course. Mathematics skills are not required!
Who is this course for?
Are you a working professional or a stay-at-home mom? A young go-getter or an old has-been? A small business owner or a multi million dollar corporate hi-flier? The point is that none of it matters - because whoever you are and whatever you do, analytics can help you do it better!
Why should I do this course?
We’re not going to pretend that you can run logistic regressions and crack warehousing solutions at the end of this course. But what this course can do is open your eyes to the wonderful world of analytics opportunities and introduce you to some of its career possibilities.
Do you use a case study?
Keeping with the light-hearted tone of the course, the over-arching case study covered is based on the game of cricket. You can read up more about how the game is played, on its Wikipedia entry.
The case study seeks to determine who is the best cricketer amongst Indian cricketing greats - Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Saurav Ganguly by using regression analysis. This ensures the overall flavor of the course remains light and fun, even if the analytics does require a little data work.
- Whoever you are and whatever you do, analytics can help you do it better. This course is for everyone!
- This course includes a case study based on the game of Cricket. If you are not familiar with this game, don't worry. We have included a simple explanation of Cricket as well.