Jewellery Design Blender 4 Parametric Smart Objects
What you'll learn
- Students will learn how easy it is to use 3D design software (Blender) to create personalised jewellery using Parametric Smart Objects.
- Students will also learn how to add gems to their jewellery using the addon JewelCraft.
- Students will also learn about the difference between FDM (plastic printing) and DLP (wax printing) machines and the slicing software that is used to print.
- Students will also be introduced to the idea of uploading files to online manufacturers to have their jewellery made for them or their family.
- Students will learn transferable 3D design skills as a wide range of items can be created using Parametric Smart Objects.
- BLENDER 4: The user interface for Blender 4 is the same as Blender 3 and Blender 2.92.
- Computer literate.
- Windows or Apple (please check Netfabb Basic will run on your OS as it does NOT work on the latest machines, sorry)or Linux Computer.
- A three button mouse.
- APPLE: Please check Netfabb Basic will run on your OS as it does NOT work on the latest machines, sorry.
This video course is aimed at all ages who wishes to create their own personalised jewellery without having to invest in any equipment or software (all software is downloadable for free). Using the software tool Blender (used by millions) coupled with the JewelCraft addon and with the added function of using FluidDesigner Parametric Smart Objects created by the author of this course anyone can create their own jewellery with ease. This combination of software allows the user to simply join objects together to create complex 3D printable jewellery, and other useful objects, with little technical skill or knowledge. Anyone can create their own personalised jewellery and get it 3D printed at Shapeways, an online manufacturer who you simply upload your file to get made in silver, gold, bronze, plastic, etc., or even print at home on a desktop printer in wax (which can then be set to your local casting house) or alternatively cheap disposable plastic jewellery can made on a home printer. The course will show you how you can create your own 2D and 3D Parametric Smart Objects and save them in your own asset library. You will learn how 2D Parametric Smart Objects are best used for engraving whilst 3D Parametric Smart Objects are best used for embossing.
The skills learnt on this course in 3D Design are transferable as a wide range of items can be created using Parametric Smart Objects (e.g. Lighting, Kitchen goods, Artwork, etc.).
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wishes to be able to create their own personalised jewellery.
- Anyone who wishes to add computer design skills to their existing jewellery skills.
- Anyone who wishes to learn about 3D design using Curves.
I have a Degree in Manufacturing Engineering and a PGCE in Mathematics with nearly forty years' experience as a Lecturer and Tutor. I have published 20+ workbooks for students of IT/Computing as well as running online courses in IT on Moodle. I have previously taught CAD in an FE College. I now run 1:1 Jewellery Design Courses using Blender as is used on the course listed here. 3D Printing is a technology which brings together Manufacturing, IT, and Mathematics in order to create complex designs with the minimum of skill. My approach of using Parametric Smart Objects means that anyone of any age can create their own jewellery with relative ease. The skills you learn are also transferable in that you can then create a wide range of other items.