Getting Started With Jenkins: Key Concepts for Beginners
- The student should have a basic familiarity with Linux and the Linux Command Line Interface in order to execute the commands used during the installation and setup.
If you have heard all the buzz around Jenkins and configuration management and deployment and are wondering what they are and how to get started using them, then this course is for you.
Although Jenkins (and configuration management and deployment in general) are large topics, we will distill them down to just the information you need to know to get started. Within this set of video demonstrations, you will learn how to install Jenkins, configure it for use in your local environment, create a build and deployment account, configure and register a build slave, schedule builds on the master and slave nodes and work with and install plugins.
Once you have completed the course, you will be well on your way to implementing Jenkins for configuration management and deployment in your environment!
- Anyone who is looking to explore the Jenkins tool as part of their DevOps toolkit in support of a Continuous Integration and Deployment pipeline and needs to know where to get started with it.
- Install and Configure Jenkins
- Preparing Our Environment - Build Accounts
- Our First Jenkins Build
- Plugin Management and Builds
- Creating Scheduled Builds
- Setting Up a Build Slave
- Launching Jobs on the Slave Node
- Where Do I Go from Here?
Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. We strive to change lives by teaching Linux and cloud technology. Students can learn new skills, get certified, and advance in their career.
Our full-time, expert instructors create content on AWS, Linux, OpenStack, DevOps, Azure, and Big Data.