Jazz Piano Chords - Rich Sounding Jazz Chords for the Piano
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will be able to play all types of chords (major 7th, minor 7th, dominant 7th, altered, diminished, augmented).
- For each type of chord, you will know how to play several different chord voicings in all the inversions.
- You will know how to add notes and alterations to chords to make them sound jazzy.
- You will be able to play slash chords.
- You will be able to play "So What"-chord voicings, fourth-chord voicings and upper structures.
- You will know how to create your own chord voicings.
- Basic piano skills (knowing the keys on the piano, ability to play simple songs on the piano).
- Be able to play the major and natural minor scales in as many keys as possible.
- You need a piano (acoustic or electronic).
THE COURSE THAT REVEALS ALL THE SECRETS OF JAZZ PIANO CHORDS
You always wondered how experienced jazz piano players create those rich sounding jazz chords? This course will teach YOU how to play them on the piano.
DISCOVER QUICKLY HOW CHORDS WORK AND HOW TO ADD THAT RICH JAZZ SOUND TO BASIC CHORDS
Detailed explanation by an experienced teacher (25+ years of experience) makes that you will quickly understand how to form even the most complicated jazz piano chords.
YOU WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO PLAY ALL THE JAZZ TUNES YOU WANT ON THE PIANO, HAVE A "LIBRARY" OF CHORD VOICINGS AT YOUR DISPOSAL, AND EVEN CREATE YOUR OWN CHORD VOICINGS
You will be able to play every chord-type that exists in all the inversions possible, in close position and with the notes more spread out, so that with one and the same chord, you can create different emotions, with more or with less tension.
TRY THIS COURSE WITHOUT ANY RISK.
If you’re still not sure, why not just give it a try? It’s without any risk: if for whatever reason this is not the course for you, you can get a full refund within 30 days after purchase.
So there’s no need to wait any longer: just hit that ‘enroll’ button and get access to more than 3 hours of video and all of the resources.
It only takes you one click to have access to ALL of this.
Since this course is for all levels, beginners to more advanced jazz piano players, this course starts with how basic chords (major 7th, minor 7th, dominant 7th, diminished & augmented) are formed, and continues to advanced chords with added notes and alterations, "So What"-chords, fourth-chords, upper structures and how to create your own chords.
More advanced piano players that already know how basic chords are made, might want to skip the first sections and jump directly in into the more advanced sections: have a look at the curriculum and decide depending on your level where to begin.
As said: beginning jazz piano players can do this course. But be aware that "beginning jazz piano player" doesn't mean a total beginner on the piano: you need at least some ability to play simple songs on the piano and you need to be able to play the major and natural minor scales in as many keys as possible on the piano.
For an even better understanding of how jazz 'works', it would be good to study also some jazz theory, but this is not absolutely needed to follow this course.
This course can very well be done as a course 'on its own', but could also complement any other jazz piano course.
Topics covered in this course
Basic triads (for beginners)
Basic 7th chords (for beginners)
II-V-I chord progressions
Adding notes to chords
Chord voicings in several positions
So What chords
Create your own chords
Information about comping (accompanying)
- This course is for beginning to more advanced jazz piano players wanting to be able to play jazz piano chords.
- This course is not for total beginners on the piano, and not for the very experienced/professional jazz pianist, but for all those between those 2 extremes.