Jazz for the Curious Guitarist
- 12 hours on-demand video
- 43 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn how to play jazz guitar!
- Learn how to play & construct any chord that exists.
- Learn all of the relative modes throughout the fretboard.
- Learn how to solo using every arpeggio!
- Extensive music theory to allow you to teach yourself.
- Guitar basics for beginners or as a refresher.
- Multiple advanced scales & soloing techniques!
- Chord progressions & practice jam examples.
- Use tablature and learn to read music.
- Learn about altered theory!
- This course is for everyone - including complete beginners!
- You only need a guitar - any guitar with six strings.
- We will start at the very beginning.
What Students are saying:
5 stars, "This is an awesome jazz guitar class." -Ike H.
5 stars, "Really straight forward and simple. He makes the material easily digestible and shows how to implement the music theory. It isn't a "here's a scale" type of lessons, he goes over the function of everything very smoothly." -Nicholas P.
5 stars, "I learned a lot of fun stuff on jazz guitar and for the first time was able to get through a guitar course because it was made very well." -Simo H.
5 stars, "If you are looking for an excellent course, this is well worth the money." -Daniel S.
5 stars, "Very clear, precise, easy to follow and understand." -Brandon J.
Welcome to Jazz for the Curious Guitarist! If you are ready to finally learn how to play real jazz guitar, then this course is for you. I will take you from the very beginning to show you the basics of guitar playing through to a high level of jazz in which you'll have knowledge of all chords that exist, basic & advanced scales & arpeggios, rhythm, and music & guitar theory.
I start the course assuming that you don't play guitar at all. I assume you are a complete beginner. The first section of the course is all about teaching you the guitar basics to get you ready for the jazz lessons. Every lesson video in this course has PDF attachments in the additional resources tabs. Some lessons have multiple attachments.
The next five sections are the jazz lessons. They are: Beginner, Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, & Expert sections. The lessons are cumulative (each lesson builds on the previous lesson.) We will work extensively on chords, scales, arpeggios, rhythm, music theory, and various jazz concepts.
Any kind of six-string guitar will work well for this course - electric guitar, acoustic guitar, or classical guitar.
It's well-known that many of the best guitarists in the world are jazz guitarists, so we have a lot of work to do, but I will get you there as quickly as I can! I know exactly what you need to learn. I know exactly how to teach you.
I'm excited that you're here! The world needs more jazz guitar players.
This is going to be a lot of fun! Let's begin.
- Anyone who wants to learn jazz guitar.
- Complete beginner guitar players.
- Intermediate guitar players.
- Advanced guitarists.
Welcome to the course! Here, we'll discuss the sections of the course and ways to navigate so that you'll get the most out of your experience here.