The Java Spring Tutorial: Learn Java's Popular Web Framework
What you'll learn
- Understand the fundamentals of the Java Spring framework
- Learn how to develop web and database applications with Spring
- Understand the basics of Hibernate for SQL-free database connectivity
- Fair knowledge of the Java programming language
- Knowledge of HTML, servlets and JSPs is recommended for the web section of this tutorial
- Some acquaintance with XML is helpful
- Knowledge of SQL and databases is helpful for the database-related parts of this tutorial
An introduction to the widely-used Java Spring framework. Discover how to wire together your Java objects using Spring and dependency injection. You'll learn how to set up your system for Spring development, how to use Maven, and how to work with databases using Spring and Hibernate and how to create web applications with Spring MVC. We'll also look at managing user accounts with Spring Security,JDBC, working with web forms, Apache tiles for building modular web pages, aspect-oriented programming (AOP) and using Log4J and JUnit.
Who this course is for:
- Java developers
- Anyone with some fluency in Java and an interest in web or database programming
After working as a software developer and contractor for over 14 years for a whole bunch of companies including CSC, Proquest, SPSS and AT&T in the UK and Netherlands, I decided to work full-time as a private software trainer. After spending four years in the beautiful city of Budapest, Hungary and a year in Berlin, I now live in Italy.