- We will take care of all the installations as part of the course. Just bring your computer with your favorite OS (be it Mac, Windows or Linux) and get on with the course.
Learn all the building blocks of a MEAN stack and the available tools and techniques you can use to rapidly develop and maintain your web application.
- Front End with Angular
- RESTful Backend with Node and Express
- MongoDB database through Mongoose Object Modeling tool
A smart way to build your application framework faster
You will start with the boiler plate code of a pre-built stack which is already proven so that there is no time wasted in researching the list of packages you will need and laying out your framework code. To make it convenient, you will use Yeoman generators to create the boiler plate code.
A powerful combination of web technologies that every web developer should have at his disposal
Of course, the choice of technologies is strongly dictated by the use cases of the application that you are building. But this stack is definitely one to consider and a good choice for most cases. Here you can take advantage of the following powerful combination of technologies:
- Nodejs has been around since 2009 and has experienced increasing adoption among companies including big corporations like Walmart, PayPal Linkedin and the likes.
- Express is a widely adopted minimal and flexible Nodejs web application framework that provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications.
- MongoDB, the most popular NoSQL database makes it easy for you to store data of any structure and dynamically modify the schema.
- AngularJS gives an extraordinarily expressive, readable and fast way to develop rich front ends for our websites and is supported by an amazing team at Google.
- Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
Content and Overview
Through 37 lectures, this course will explain to you the essential building blocks of the MEAN stack and understand it's benefits.
It will introduce you to free tools like Npm package manager, Bower, Grunt, Yeoman Generators and Git that will help you build and maintain robust web applications. As you install these tools along with the author, you will also learn first hand the benefits of these tools and how to use them.
Then, you will learn to build a real world web application using all these tools. This course will explain to you all the moving parts of the application and how to work with the framework code to add desired features to your application.
Finally, you will learn some quick and easy ways to deploy your web application on a hosting provider like Heroku with it's own domain name.
Throughout, the lectures, you will be provided with the best resources to learn more on any individual technology that you are introduced to as part of this course.
Who this course is for:
- This course is meant for developers who are interested in web development. You will not be able to grasp all the concepts if you have not built or developed anything before.
- 01:06Course Outline
- 00:38Meet The Instructor
- 00:57Prerequisites and Takeaways
My professional career spans 15 years working on varied technologies building web based software solutions for big companies like State Farm Insurance, CarMax etc.. or new and upcoming startups.
When not working at client locations, I get involved with side projects wherever there is an opportunity to code. I have worked with upcoming startups giving guidance and recommendations and architecting solutions or writing code for them.
I am also part of the Toptal network which boasts of employing only the top 3% of Engineers.
Web Technologies aside, coming up with complex algorithms or solving difficult problems excite me. One of my side projects "IBModeler" was featured in a prominent gaming magazine "3D World". I had spent years creating a software to create 3d models from photos which they decided to showcase.