- 8 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You'll be better equipped to understand why things aren't working, and how to solve errors and issues that occur.
- If you're using a framework to build websites, such as Spring, JSF or Struts, you'll understand the complexity that may be hidden by your framework, which will give you more control over how your websites work.
- You should have some basic experience in programming with the Java programming language.
- You should have installed and working a Java Development Kit (JDK) and a suitable IDE, such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- No prior knowledge of web development is needed.
This is a course for Java professionals (or aspiring Java professionals) who need an in depth understanding of how web applications work in Java. In this course we cover how to build a website without using a framework. That might sound like a crazy thing to do but frameworks often hide the complexity of what's going on under the hood, so when things go wrong, we don't understand why, and therefore how to fix them. If you have never built a website with Java, or if you have only ever built sites using frameworks such as Spring Boot, JSF or Strus, this course will give you a really good grounding in the basics. And we'll also cover a number of topics that every good web developer should understand no matter what framework you use.
You don't need to be a Java Expert to do this course, but you should be able to confidently create basic Java code before you start. Knowledge of simple HTML is also useful.
- Java developers who want to get a better understanding of the concepts underlying how Java websites really work