Learn Java the Easy Way: Build Desktop & Android Mobile Apps
- 12 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create fun, playable, interactive apps like the animated, multi-touch BubbleDraw app, a Secret Messages app, and a Guessing Game!
- Code your own desktop and mobile apps in Java and Android.
- Master concepts like variables, loops, functions, and object-oriented programming concepts in a fun way with Java!
Set up the brand new Java 9 on your PC, Mac, or Linux computer
How to install Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Eclipse's WindowBuilder Editor allows us to build graphical user interfaces (GUI) using a visual editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
By special request :) - several students asked for a video showing the complete installation on Windows PC's - this is the latest version with Java 8 & 9, Eclipse + WindowBuilder, and Android Studio.
Describe and design the concept for the random number guessing game
Set up Eclipse with the right theme and font size for your monitor (and eyes)
Accept keyboard input from the user in your programs.
Take input from the user and turn it into a variable you can use in your code.
Add a while loop to allow the user to play the game over and over again!
Explore Java by adding your own code to the Guessing Game app - count the number of times the user had to guess to get the right number.
- No programming experience needed.
- All software and resources are FREE to download and install.
- You should feel comfortable installing software, and be able to type in a text editor.
★★★★★ Learn to program in Java by building awesome, interactive desktop & mobile apps! ★★★★★
Start coding in Java step-by-step with Computer Science Professor Dr. Bryson Payne, author of the Amazon #1 New Release and Top 10 Best Seller in Children's Programming Books, Teach Your Kids to Code (now published in six languages)!
This course, based on Payne's second book, Learn Java the Easy Way, will have you coding Java and Android apps TODAY! In this course, you'll learn to:
Quickly test code snippets in the new Java JShell interactive shell!
Build Java desktop apps, both text-based and GUI!
Create Android mobile apps, using Java, for Android phones and tablets.
Program a colorful, animated, multi-touch drawing app (and two other apps) on your Android phone or tablet by the end of the course!
Design and code playable games and apps starting from scratch, and share them with your friends, or with the world!
Learn important programming concepts like variables, loops, functions and object-oriented programming while having fun along the way!
You can learn the #1 Programming Language in the World!
Over 15 Billion Devices run Java, from PC/Mac/Linux to Android devices to TVs, watches, cars, Blu-ray players and more! Learn Java the Easy Way brings the power of Java and Android programming into your hands, with easy-to-follow videos, crystal-clear audio, and line-by-line code explanations as you build fun, playable apps that you can share!
Everything you need to get started right away
Complete with working code downloads and high-definition videos, you'll be able to work alongside a professor with 19 years' teaching and over 30 years' programming experience. You'll also receive a Certificate of Completion upon finishing the course!
★★★★★ New: Programming Challenge Solutions added to all 10 sections! ★★★★★
No Risk: Preview videos from Sections 1, 2, and 4 now for FREE, and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee when you enroll - zero risk, unlimited payoff!
Enroll now and get started coding in Java + Android today!
- Perfect for beginners, or for programmers of other languages who want to learn Java and Android.
- Middle-school to college and older learners will create their own apps in minutes!
- Anyone who wants to advance in their career or jump into programming and mobile development.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code.