Java Streams API Developer Guide
What you'll learn
- Functional Programming
- Know how to use Java Streams API
- Understand the benefits Streams have to offer
- Know how to use concrete > abstraction > concrete pattern
- Gather stats from datasets
- Deliver more features instead of focusing how to make code that works right.
- Use streams to perform transformations using stream().map(...)
- Learn awesome IDEA features
- You should be able to use PC or MAC
- You should be familiar with some Java syntax
Java 8 brought a lot great new features to the table. A lot people say, the community was late in bringing these features, but what often people dont realise is that brought these new features late but what they did exceptionally well was to implement them better than anyone and give us developers a wonder API to use, and one of the them was the Stream API.
Before Java we wrote a lot code for simple logic and yet we could get it wrong very easily. Well this is not the case with Java 8 in particulate with Streams. With Streams we focus on coding and deliver what we indent rather than thinking of how we are going to code the logic to do what we intend. Streams focuses on the ALL instead of the PARTS. Streams not only focuses on the ALL but it also allows us to write functional style programming, and this is what makes Streams and the Java programming language very attractive to developers.
This course is packed with awesome sections that will take you the journey from from zero to hero. You will learn and understand what I call the
concrete > abstraction > concrete phase
and once you grasp this concept we will dive into the abstraction phase and learn awesome features such as
- Difference between intermediate & terminal operations
- And much more
Finally at the end of this course I will teach how streams work internally, their order of execution and the performance benefits they have to offer.
The best way to learn any concept is to learn and practice as you go along. So, I packed this course with plenty of exercise for you to challenge your to ensure you learn and start using functional programming with stream moving forward in you career as a Java software engineer.
I cant wait to see you inside.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Java Streams
- Anyone who wants to learn Functional Programming
- Anyone who wants to write less code and deliver more
- Anyone who knows some Java. Beginners are very welcome
- Any want who wants to improve their Java skills