Java: Socket Programming Simplified
- You should possess the basic knowledge in Object oriented programming in Java.
- Basic knowledge in Java multi-threading is good to have.
Socket programming is an essential part of the language that enables you to understand how applications communicate over the network. This helps in enabling you to understand how client server communication works and also gives you more insights into how server applications are built.
It is important for each and every application developer (including Java developers) to have an understanding of how socket communication works. Hence this course is an absolute necessity.
The primary focus points of this course include
How TCP/IP communication works
How UDP/IP communication works
Basic client/server coding using multi-threaded client/server.
Get working knowledge of HTTP communication using Mock HTTPServer.
Build a Peer-to-Peer chat app using TCP/IP
Build a Group Chat app using UDP/IP.
Once you are familiar with the above topics you will be able to confidently deal with the current client/server applications.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is familiar with Java programming and looking to get started with server side coding.
- Useful even for the one who is looking to learn Socket Programming in some other language. This course will certainly give them the much needed introduction.
- 03:48Understand message transfer between applications
Sagar an M.Tech graduate from ANU a passionate application developer and a trainer apart from being a good learner and a listener, started his career as a trainer and later he was part of design and development of several software projects and products. Earned his reputation as a hard core Java developer and Systems Integration Specialist and was instrumental in success of several projects with his technical, leadership and mentoring skills.