Java Object-Oriented Programming : Build a Quiz Application
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- 1 coding exercise
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand all the core Object-Oriented concepts in Java
- Understand Object Life Cycle with Internal Memory Organization
- Think in an Object-Oriented manner while writing programs
- Confidently write Java Console Applications using Object-Oriented concepts
An overview of what all topics will be covered in this course.
This lecture is going to teach you the concept of classes and objects in object-oriented programming and how to create and use them in our programs.
Understand the concept of constructors in Java and the purpose of using them. Also learn how to define and use constructors in our programs.
This tutorial will teach you the concept of Inheritance in object-oriented programming and the advantage of using it in our programs.
In this tutorial, we run the Quiz Application and verify if we get the correct output.
- Some very basic knowledge of Java like variables, conditional statements, looping statements, arrays, methods is expected
Note:- Some lectures in this course are taken from my previous Java course i.e "Java for Beginners in 2 hours: Build a Banking Application" as those were the exact same concepts.
This course is a total hands-on programming course with no power-point presentations.This course is going to teach you all core Java object-oriented concepts in a short time.Object-oriented programming(OOP) paradigm is based on the concept of objects. So when we develop any application using object-oriented concepts we basically think only in terms of objects. Almost anything can be represented as an object in Java.
This course isgoing to teach you how to think in terms of objects while programming. It is also going to teach you what happens behind-the-scenes when we create an object, how objects are created and stored in memory, object lifecycle etc. Apart from this you are going to understand all other important object-oriented concepts like inheritance, polymorphism, interface, abstract class etc and also understand why they are used.
Every single concept is explained with the help of a program. This course is suitable for anyone who has some basic knowledge of Java like variables, datatypes, loops, if conditions, methods, arrays etc and who has not yet explored the object-oriented side of the Java programming language.
This course also has a mini project at the end which a console-base Quiz Application. This application is designed using object-oriented approach and will be a good revision of the entire course as a lot of concepts will be covered in it.
After completing this course you will have a clear idea about object-oriented programming and you can start writing Java console-based applications using OOP concepts. You may also be able to answer exam questions or interview questions based on object-oriented concepts. This course is short and sweet and requires only 2-3 hours of your time.
Some of the key points regarding this course:
- Total hands-on programming experience.
- All core Java object-oriented concepts covered.
- Every concept explained with the help of a program.
- Mini-project at the end which covers a lot of object oriented concepts.
- Requires 2-3 hours of your time.
I believe you will enjoy this course and make the most of it. Happy Coding :)
- Students or programmers with some very basic knowledge of programming
- Suitable for anyone who has started with Java and wants to learn Object-Oriented programming in detail
- Not suitable for experienced or advanced Java programmers