Java Network Programming Recipes
What you'll learn
- Learn applications of networking programming in Java
- Explore protocols that underlie the Internet, such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP
- Connect to other applications using sockets
- Use channels and buffers to enhance communication between applications
- Access network services and develop client/server applications
- Explore the critical elements of peer-to-peer applications
- Learn how to develop Client/Server TCP and UDP applications
- Master the Java NIO package to perform multitasking
- A basic knowledge of Network Programming is beneficial but not necessary.
Java provides numerous classes that have developed over the years to meet evolving networking needs. These range from low-level socket and IP-based approaches to those encapsulated in software services.
This practical tutorial provides a complete introduction to developing network programs with Java. We start with the basics of networking and then explore how Java supports the development of clients/servers. You’ll explore how to use Java’s network class library to rapidly and effortlessly accomplish common networking tasks such as writing multithreaded servers, network scalability, implementing application protocols, and filtering clients and client names. Java NIO packages are examined as well as multitasking, building hands-on NIO buffers, scatter and gather, and transferring data to channels and selectors.
By the end of this video tutorial, you will have mastered networking fundamentals (and advanced concepts) in Java to ensure you understand (and are capable of building) networked programs.
Peter Verhas is a senior developer and software system architect with more than 30 years of software development experience. He currently works for EPAM as a senior developer, where he is involved in many customer projects and actively participates in the education activities of the company. Peter writes a technical blog and is committed to open source software development. He has been using Java since 2005 and is also an author at Java Code Geeks.
Who this course is for:
- Experienced Java developers who are interested in learning how to solve issues related to network programming in Java, will benefit from this course. A basic knowledge of Network Programming is beneficial but not necessary. Additionally, network programmers, system/network administrators, and web application developers will also benefit from the course.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.