- Some knowledge of Java
Discover how to write effective multi-threaded code in Java; learn why problems can occur with Java multithreading and how to fix those problems.
- Java developers
- Java beginners who don't mind a steep learning curve
- Starting Threads
- Basic Thread Synchronization
- The Synchronized Keyword
- Multiple Locks; Using Synchronized Code Blocks
- Thread Pools
- Countdown Latches
- Wait and Notify
- A Worked Example Using Low-Level Synchronization
- Re-entrant Locks
- Callable and Future
- Interrupting Threads
- Multithreading in Swing with SwingWorker
- Source code ....
After working as a software developer and contractor for over 14 years for a whole bunch of companies including CSC, Proquest, SPSS and AT&T in the UK and Netherlands, I decided to work full-time as a private software trainer. After spending four years in the beautiful city of Budapest, Hungary and a year in Berlin, I now live in my home town of Derby, UK.