Java: High-Performance Applications with Java 9: 2-in-1
What you'll learn
- Build real enterprise Java applications including a website and a microservice
- Create efficient programs that leverage the multi-core architecture of the CPU using Java 9’s features
- Gain practical experience of Java 9, including modules, the Streams API, the Collections API, multi-level JARs and HTTP/2 clients
- Build a HTTP metrics aggregator application using various concurrent techniques
- Use the Reactive programming model to create efficient programs
- Control a huge amount of traffic using the aggregator in Java 9
- Prior programming experience of Java is required.
A lot of applications built today need to handle huge amounts of traffic in low latency. Java is a very popular language and JVM is a popular platform to build high-performance programs in Java. Java 9 adds reactive programming as a first class citizen to handle traffic in a multi-threaded and concurrent way.
This comprehensive 2-in-1 course is comprehensive, hands-on course with use of proper tooling to monitor our applications and write code. Master the new features and APIs of Java 9 to implement highly efficient and reliable code. Develop a working Java Website and RESTful microservices by learning best practices. Build enterprise-level Java apps to become a skilled Java programmer in your organization.
Contents and Overview
This training program includes 2 complete courses, carefully chosen to give you the most comprehensive training possible.
The first course, Writing High Performance Java Application in Java 9, covers how to monitor applications and write code in high concurrent with the proper tools. You’ll explore the different kinds of locking available in JAVA 9 and get to know when you should use which kind of locks. Finally, you’ll see what tools are shipped with the JDK 9 and know how to use them properly. You’ll see how Java Memory Model affects the performance of your programs.
The second course, Hands-On Enterprise Application Development with Java 9, covers creation of modern and scalable enterprise applications using Java 9 and Java EE 8 and become a professional Java developer. You'll learn how to extract a component from our website as a standalone microservice and decouple your microservice to allow it to be reused within an organization. Delve into Java 9 technologies such as JShell, modules, the Streams API, Multi-Jar, Process APIs, and HTTP/2 clients.
By the end of this course, you’ll build modern and scalable enterprise applications using Java 9 and Java EE 8 to become a professional Java developer.
About the Authors
● Tomasz Lelek is a Software Engineer who programs mostly in Java and Scala. He is a fan of microservice architectures and functional programming. He dedicates considerable time and effort to be better every day. Recently, he's been delving into big data technologies such as Apache Spark and Hadoop. He is passionate about nearly everything associated with software development. Tomasz thinks that we should always try to consider different solutions and approaches to solving a problem. Recently, he was a speaker at several conferences in Poland - Confitura and JDD (Java Developer's Day) and also at Krakow Scala User Group. He also conducted a live coding session at Geecon Conference.
● Martin Farrell is an independent Java consultant and trainer based in Edinburgh, UK, with over 18 years' Java experience. He has consulted across a range of businesses from banking to telecommunications and Silicon Valley start-ups. He also blogs about Java and Spring technologies, and is Most Valuable Blogger at dzone. When not consulting, Martin likes to spend time with his wife and two children. He is also a keen cyclist and triathlete.
Who this course is for:
- Programmers who want to take their knowledge of Java to the next level by learning to build enterprise-level applications using Java 9 and its new features.
- Software engineers with professional experience in Java who want to create very efficient and high-performance applications in Java 9.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.