Java for the Real World
What you'll learn
- Be familiar with the vast Java ecosystem
- Understand the pros and cons of competing Java tools and frameworks
- Jump into a real world Java program with confidence
- Have a basic understanding of Java syntax and writing simple Java applications. This is not a course to learn Java programming.
So you've just got your first Java development job out of school or you're an experienced developer using Java for the first time. You know how to write code, but do you understand the Java landscape, tools, and frameworks used in real world applications?
This course bridges the gap between understanding Java the language and understanding the Java ecosystem. You will get an overview of the major tools and frameworks in use today from a Java professional with over 10 years of industry experience.
After completing this course, you will have the knowledge to jump into your first application with confidence.
Note: I have manually corrected 100% of the captions to help Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, and English as a second language learners.
Who this course is for:
- Someone just starting their programming career using Java
- A university student who wants to know more abuout how Java is used in corporate settings
- A profressional programmer who has never worked in Java before and needs to catch up quickly
Phillip Johnson is a software developer based out of Columbus, Ohio. He has worked on projects ranging from call center queuing to bioinformatics and has used a wide range of technologies including Python, Java, Scala, and SQL.
He has published two books: Make Your Own Python Text Adventure (Apress 2017) and Java for the Real World (Leanpub 2017).