Java for Mobile Devices - iOS/Android/Win (Phones & Tablets)
- Basic understanding of the Java programming language
- Ability to work with one of the major Java IDE's NetBeans, Eclipse or IntelliJ/IDEA
Learn how to build native iOS/Android/Windows applications using your existing Java programming skills and your IDE of choice. This course teaches the basics of Codename One, an open source tool for mobile development in Java.
This is an introductory course that also explains the core concepts of mobile development and some of the more complex notions. The course builds a good looking "TODO" app with a cool title area animation effect.
Most of the lessons in the course are completely standalone and don't require a sequence so you can just jump back and forth between the modules.
Who this course is for:
- A developer who knows Java and is interested in applying those skills to mobile devices
- 03:31Creating a hello world App
- 21:51What is Codename One
- 38:31Core Concepts of Mobile Development
Shai has worked as a professional software developer for more than 20 years during that time he has worked with companies such as Sun Microsystems, Oracle, IBM, DoCoMo, Sprint, Verizon, Voafone, Government institutions, Banks and many others.
He worked in many languages and technologies ranging from Server to desktop and mobile. In the mid 90's Shai turned his focus to Java and as it emerged to mobile Java.
In mobile Java Shai was a core member of the first WTK team & co-founder of the LWUIT project at Sun before forming Codename One with Chen Fishbein.