Java Developer Quick Start
- A basic understanding of Java programming is useful and to be aware of basic coding concepts
- It's useful to be able to use the commandline to be able to execute basic commands but is not essential
In this course we're going to take a sneak peak into the world of professional enterprise Java development and pull back the curtains on the main technologies used!
Welcome to the Java Developer Quick Start course where I take the top 4 tools, frameworks and topics of modern Java development, and give you a taste of each in easy to absorb units!
In this course we cover:
Apache Maven - the world's most popular tool for building Java projects - we'll see how to build our Java projects and see Maven in action
Java 8 and it's new features - Java's got functional now, so this is essential to know! Get up to speed with the new features so you don't get left behind
JUnit and Mockito - the top test framework combination for Java projects. We'll see these two in action to write unit tests and get acquainted with Mockito
Spring framework - this is hands-down the number 1 framework which practically all Java projects are built on these days. We'll look at it together
We keep everything to the basics - just enough to get productive and know our way around.
So if you're ready to peek inside the world of enterprise Java development and expand your Java knowledge, then sit back and relax and let's jump in together as I take you on the Java Developer Quick Start. I can't wait to see you inside! ;)
- Beginner to intermediate Java developers who are relatively new to the 4 technologies covered
- Curious complete beginners to Java might also want to watch this course - but just bear in mind that we assume you're already a developer from the outset (although you can watch to get an idea of the "next level" stuff you'll be exposed to if you take your Java knowledge further)
- Developers in other languages who are transitioning over to Java - the content is also useful for them and will provide a base framework for understanding what the enterprise Java development landscape looks like
- Welcome to the Course!01:52
- Creating a Maven Project with the Quickstart Archetype03:37
- Performing Simple Build Tasks with Maven04:08
- The Project Object Model and POM File06:40
- Resolving a Simple Dependency02:55
- A Quick Look at the Main Java 8 Features06:18
- Lambda Expressions- Syntax and Examples03:13
- Coding and Referencing a Simple Lambda Expression05:35
- Refactoring a Lambda Expression by Adapting an Existing Functional Interface04:38
- Introducing a Simple Unit Test in JUnit03:02
- Structure of a Unit Test05:08
- What is Mockito and what are Mock Objects?03:58
- Creating a project which uses JUnit and Mockito04:07
- Configuring a project's dependencies to use Spring05:15
- A Look at the Application Context (aka The Spring Container)10:30
- Creating a Bean Managed with Spring's XML Container Configuration02:21
- Retrieving and Using a Bean from the Spring Container02:43
- Thanks and where next?00:35
Do you want to take your Java skills to the next level?
I started JavaEasily in 2018 so I could produce courses focused on teaching Java technology to students all around the world.
Since then I've been busy creating the Java Easily website and publishing courses and articles on different aspects of Java.
Feel free to check out the JavaEasily YouTube channel and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Here's to your success with Java! ;)
JavaEasily helps you become a better Java developer by teaching you the core skills you need to succeed in Java today.
We create courses for beginner and intermediate Java developers to help them deepen their knowledge and accelerate their developer career!