Java Beginners Program - A crash course
If you're new to Java and new to programming in general, then this Java crash course will allow you to get up and running with a basic understanding of the Java language, guide you through the installation of the basic tools you'll need and introduce you to the basic building blocks of the language to allow you to both read and write Java code and continue your learning journey from a basic foundation.
In this course we'll scratch the surface of Java and we're looking to provide you with enough breadth of knowledge to help you on your journey to become a developer and to improve your Java development skills.
Please note that in this course we'll not go into a lot of depth into the topics as this is not the intention of this course. Our intention is to get you off the ground in Java development.
- Anyone who wants to learn the Java programming language
- Installing the tools (Java and IntelliJ)22:53
- The main method05:18
- Classes and Objects16:13
- Classes and Objects - Using the Id of the Airplane1 question
- Static vs non-Static (Class vs Instance members)09:13
- Static vs non-Static quiz2 questions
- The null reference03:07
- Packages and Imports07:47
- Primitives and Operators23:47
- Building Blocks Quiz6 questions
- Where to from here?00:41
Hi there! I'm an Engineer with over 15 years of experience in software development, software project management, leading development teams in different environments, business areas and geographical locations.
I'm mainly oriented towards Java and JVM languages and open source tools and projects. My main areas of experience include backend development, distributed systems, systems risk analysis and technical project management.