Java 11 For Complete Beginners
What you'll learn
- Computer programming in Java
- Understand basic computer use: installing programs, opening files, etc.
This course teaches you computer programming in the Java language from scratch.
I'll be typing all the source code in front of your eyes and we'll be using Java version 11-12, taking advantage of many features that have been added to Java over the past few years -- including streams, method references and lambda expressions.
Along the way we'll create a number of projects, including two desktop apps.
This is a completely updated and revised version of my popular Java for Complete Beginners course, which has gathered over 1.3 million subscribers on Udemy. In addition to newer Java features, this revised course includes lots of exercises to increase your fluency.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn computer programming
- New Java developers who want to improve their knowledge
- Experienced developers who want an introduction to newer features in Java: streams, method references, lambda expressions.
After working as a software developer and contractor for over 14 years for a whole bunch of companies including CSC, Proquest, SPSS and AT&T in the UK and Netherlands, I decided to work full-time as a private software trainer. After spending four years in the beautiful city of Budapest, Hungary and a year in Berlin, I now live in my home town of Derby, UK.