Japanese Pastry Course #1 Japanese Short cake
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Become an expert at baking amazing Japanese short cake which is the most popular cake in Japan!
- Find the secret of baking the classic fluffy Japanese sponge cake.
- Learn to make perfect whipped cream called "Crème Chantilly".
- Learn techniques for frosting and decorating cakes.
- How to cut the cake beautifully and serve it for your guest.
- Bring your passion for cooking!
- A stand mixer or hand mixer will be necessary.
- Some other small kitchen tools will be required, however most of them you may already have.
What comes to mind when you think of Japanese food?
Sushi, Tempura, Ramen, ... But how about Japanese sweets?
Japanese strawberry shortcake is the most popular cake in Japan,You can find it in all cake shops along the streets here.
If you ask Japanese people, "Please draw any kind of cake", everyone would draw this cake.
It’s made of soft and airy sponge cake layers, filled with freshly sliced strawberries in whipped cream.
It’s so good and everyone likes it.
It’s really simple, but it’s important to know some tips and techniques to create the perfect sponge cake and frost it with whipped cream.
In this course, you will learn how to bake an amazing light and fluffy textured sponge cake and how to decorate the cake beautifully with frosting.
I’m going to show you every single step even some small tips, so you will get the hang of it.
For this lesson, I will use the professional recipe but you can make it at home.
Hope you enjoy baking with me!
- For baking lovers, sweets lovers, Japanese food lovers...for everyone!