Japanese In Context - Elementary Japanese Course
What you'll learn
- 61 lectures with over 5 hours of content!
- 49 video demonstrations of how to write Japanese characters with over 2 hours of content by a native speaker!
- 58 activities with vocabulary and grammar to test your writing and reading skills
- 55 audio tracks recorded by a native speaker!
- Understand how to study Japanese in order to become fluent in your own desired way
- Learn to speak,read and write modern Japanese!
- A desire to learn
- Whiteboard and marker to conserve paper
Japanese In Context is a unique introductory level course. You will learn to speak, read, write and understand modern, authentic Japanese -- and maybe have some fun along the way.
110 Instructional Video Lessons in 9 Jam-Packed Sections With Over 7 Hours of Content
- Basic Sounds and Writing Systems
- People and Things
- Daily Life Skills
- Making Descriptions
- Existence and Object Properties
- Discussing Actions
- Using the Past Tense
- Complex Sentences
- Japanese in Context
- Challenge yourself by writing and reading Japanese
- Test your skills with a wide variety of written activities
- Perfect your pronunciation by comparing it to a native speaker's audio recording
- Watch video demonstrations of how to correctly write Japanese characters
This course is designed to be self-paced but the ambitious student can finish it in 9-10 weeks. Each section is divided into video demonstrations explaining core Japanese concepts in plain English, followed by supplementary vocabulary, activities, audio files and even more video demonstrations carefully showing how to properly write Japanese characters.
All material has been thoroughly reviewed and verified by a professional Japanese language instructor and native speaker.
If you are interested in learning Japanese to boost your career or just for fun, and appreciate a good challenge, this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in learning the Japanese language
- Anyone wanting to boost their career or looking for a new skill
My name is Chris and I have been living in Japan for the past ten years working as both a Japanese to English translator and a language instructor.
After studying academic Japanese in university I decided to move to Japan and become a professional translator. My experience includes working for several years in-house at a major Japanese corporation where I was responsible for the translation of documents ranging from the highly technical sphere (machine manuals, factory inspections, scientific papers), to business letters and meetings, all the way to website localization (newsletters, blogs). I was also occasionally called upon for interpretation when it was necessary.
Additionally I have and occasionally work as a freelance translator while not teaching Business English around Tokyo.
I have received training and certification from the SIMUL (language) Academy in the art of translation with a specific focus on Japanese to English, and have successfully passed the second level Japanese proficiency exam which certified and granted me access to work in a Japanese language environment where I was expected to perform at a near native level of comprehension.
With experience working both as a language instructor and as a translator I believe I have a unique insight into the subtleties of and common difficulties of attempting to learn Japanese, and can help you reach your goals in a painless and fun manner.
I also maintain the educational Japanese In Context study group on Facebook. Please join!