Japanese for Beginners | Level 1 | Interactive Online Course
What you'll learn
- Give a simple self-introduction in Japanese
- Talk about your hometown, hobbies, and favorite foods in Japanese
- Identify everyday objects and personal items
- Count objects from 1 to 100
- No previous Japanese experience needed. This course is intended for complete beginners.
Do you want to learn Japanese but don't know where to get started? If so, you're in the right place. This Japanese for Beginners course will teach you the basics of the Japanese language from the ground up.
In this course, you will learn basic skills in Japanese such as:
- How to introduce yourself
- How to talk about your hobbies, occupation, hometown, and favorite food
- How to identify languages and everyday objects
- How to make a simple request
- How to say a phone number in Japanese
- How to count objects from 1-100
Learning a language requires PRACTICE, just like when learning how to play a sport or instrument. This course offers ample opporutunities to practice speaking and applying the words and phrases you learn. The interactive video lessons are simple and easy to follow, even if you're a complete beginner!
The Japanese writing system has 3 different alphabets - hiragana, katakana, and kanji. Most people start by learning hiragana, then katakana, then kanji. You can take this course without having learned any of the Japanese writing systems. If you'd like to learn how to read and write Japanese, be sure to check out my FREE hiragana and katakana courses here on Udemy.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Japanese learners who want to learn basic, conversational Japanese
I am a Japanese and English teacher with a Master's Degree in Second Language Teaching.
Japanese can be a hard language! My goal is help people who want to learn Japanese but simply don't know where to start.
In my free time, I like to play the piano, karaoke, and spend time with family and friends.