Japanese for beginners based on MISJ WELCOME PROGRAM
What you'll learn
- Basic Japanese pronunciation
- Writing and reading of basic Japanese characters: Hiragana and Katakana
- Basic knowledge of grammar to make sentences that is essential for creative speech and writing
- Sentence-based daily and practical conversation skills which reflect your intelligence
- Japanese background culture you have to know to maintain good relationships
- The willingness to learn Japanese language and culture
- Some English listening and reading ability
- An open mind to accept the unique approach
This course is the second version of the MISJ WELCOME PROGRAM released for Udemy from 2018 to March 2021. The review rate has always been higher than 4.5 stars ever since. This course is not only for character learning, not only for vocabulary building, not only for learning a bit and bit phrases. You can experience the semi-private lesson of the Japanese language instructor with more than 35 years of experience both in Japan and abroad.
MISJ stands for Mikiko Iwasaki’s Systematic Japanese, and it is the most effective, efficient, and enjoyable way to learn Japanese. Ideal for total beginners with no or little skill of character reading. Also, suitable for the people who are looking for a better solution. Speaking ability enough for starting life in Japan or having a trip to Japan is guaranteed if you positively participate in the lesson and obediently follow instructions. Furthermore, writing ability is guaranteed if you spend more time and effort.
At the end of each lesson, you can get the whole package of the review materials, such as the review book, reading material (from Lesson 3), and correspondent sound material. Thus, understanding Japanese grammar & culture is guaranteed if you watch videos, read the review book, and memorize them. Of course, the knowledge of grammar is not sufficient to pass JLPT N5; however, you can learn essential grammar and conversation as a preparation. If you want to continue learning, next-step courses are also available.
To find more about MISJ and Mikiko Iwasaki’s career, please watch the promotion video and the video lessons open to the public. There you can see and check what and how you can learn Japanese with this course beforehand.
Who this course is for:
- MISJ WELCOME PROGRAM is the most suitable for those who want to make a good start of learning Japanese without wasting time, effort, and money. The results are guaranteed if you obediently follow instructions.
- It is suitable for anybody who wants to achieve creative speech and writing ability that reflects intelligence.
- It is suitable for those who plan to take JLPT in the future. It does not cover everything but is ideal for making a solid foundation quickly.
- It is suitable for those who have already studied Japanese and gave up learning or need better and more precise explanations about Japanese grammar, especially PARTICLE and ADJECTIVE usages and VERB conjugation from “DICTIONARY FORM” to “ますFORM.”
Graduated from Tokyo Women’s Christian College, Mathematics BA. Specialist for teaching beginners and for developing teachers who can teach beginners.
Was a part-time lecturer at Nara Institute of Science & Technology from 2015 to 2018.
Developed Japanese language learning materials for students’ use from the introductory level to the intermediate level.
Developed teaching materials and manuals for instructors.
Make three e-Learning programs, one TV program, “Meet & Speak” broadcasted by NHK WORLD. You can watch it via Youtube now.
Supervised making a textbook for the TV program broadcasted by NHK EDUCATIONAL from 2014 to 2016.
Achievements other than Udemy (1992～2020)
The number of students who learned with MISJ is more than 850. (Udemy students are not counted.)
Students’ age is from 15 to 65 years old.
Students are from more than 30 countries including the USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia; European countries such as the UK, Sweden, Germany, Switzerland, and Finland; Asian countries such as Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Viet Nam, Philippines, China, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Thailand, Bangladesh, Indonesia, and Congo(DRC).
Thanks to Udemy, students from 97 countries are now studying Japanese with the MISJ.