Japanese conversation for English speakers < lesson + quiz >
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic differences between English and Japanese
- Engage in simple Japanese conversations
- Understand basic Japanese nouns, adjectives, adverbs, verbs and grammar
- Understand days of the week, numbers and time expressions
- The only thing needed is your enthusiasm !
My course is aimed at English speakers who would like to learn basic Japanese Conversation. They do not require any prior knowledge of Japanese. I begin by teaching basic grammar so that students can quickly begin to construct their own sentences. Then I teach practical themes like greetings, counting, days of the week, colours, shapes, shopping, ordering and so on, and grammar: pronouns, particles such as 'wa' 'ga' 'no' 'de' and 'ni' , interrogative pronouns, adjectives, verbs, conjugated forms and so on. Each lesson is related to the former lesson, which enables learners to review and learn more. I frequently compare Japanese grammar to English grammar to avoid confusion. At the end of the course, students will be able to hold basic conversations in Japanese.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners wanting to focus on Japanese conversation should take this course
- Advanced Japanese Learners should NOT take this course
Over the years I have created and refined a Japanese learning programme for English speakers which includes my own custom illustrations. Through teaching this material for several years, it has been refined to what it is today - a fun, clear and practical way for English speakers to master Japanese conversation.
I currently teach private students in the United Kingdom. I have previously worked as a Japanese teacher assistant in Sand Lake Elementary School in Alaska, USA. I successfully completed the CELTA course and have earned several teaching certificates.
I am committed to providing professional but fun Japanese language lessons for English speakers.
• Ochanomizu University, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo (Liberal Arts and Humanities, Philosophy, Ethics, and Art History Course Bachelor’s degree, 03/2006)
• National Teaching Certifications: Social Study at Junior High School / High School, 03/2006
• National Teaching Certifications: English at Junior High School, 02/2012
• MOS Excel 2010 Expert Certification 12/2011
• MOS PowerPoint 2010 Certification 01/2012
• Cambridge University CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults), 15/11/2014
• The 420 hour Advanced Japanese Teacher Training Course, 12/07/2015