Japanese Pastry Course #2 Japanese Cheesecake
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Become an expert at baking amazing fluffy Japanese cheesecake and rich fluffy cheese tarts.
- Learn to bake perfect crispy tart dough called "Pâte sucrée".
- Learn basic techniques for custard cream (pastry cream) and Italian meringue.
- Bring your passion for cooking!
- A stand mixer or hand mixer will be necessary.
- Some other small kitchen tools will be required, however most of them you may already have.
Have you ever heard about Japanese cotton cheese cake?
When I was living in Dubai, many friends asked me « Do you know how to make Japanese cotton cheesecake? ». Actually I didn’t know that the cotton cheesecake is a specialty of the Japanese.
I thought it was just one of many kinds of cheesecake.
Japanese cotton cheesecake is very different from the regular cheesecake.
It offers the same iconic sweet and tangy flavor of cheesecake with a soft, light and airy, melt-in-your-mouth texture.
The big difference between a regular cheesecake and Japanese cotton cheese cake is the addition of the meringue, so the cake becomes airy and fluffy.
It looks simple but I realized it is not after I tried baking it a couple times and failed many times. For this course, I’m going to show you not only the recipe, but also the reasons why we fail, the solutions, and helpful tips. When you have questions, you can ask me anytime from my Q&A page in the course.
Also I’m going to introduce a new trendy Japanese cheese cake, which is Japanese cheese tart.
Japanese cheese tarts have been getting popular here over the last 5 years. Cheese tart shops have been increasing everywhere not only in Japan, but also in other parts of Asia.
It’s crispy sweet crust filled with fluffy rich cheese cream.
This is originally made from Japanese cheese but after re-doing the recipe over 10 times to find an original blend, I succeeded in a version which you can make with ingredients outside of Japan.
I will explain every single step and give you all the tips, so let’s enjoy baking together!
So if you are interested in Japanese cuisine, want to add a new and delicious dessert to your collection or just want to impress your guests are the next dinner party…. this class is for you.
Are you ready for exploring the world of Japanese sweets and desserts?
Let’s get started!
- For baking lovers, sweets lovers, Japanese food lovers...for everyone!