IT Contracting Academy - How to Become an IT Contractor
What you'll learn
- How to create the perfect CV for IT Contracting
- How to become more confident & successful in interviews
- How to work effectively with IT recruitment agencies & recruiters
- How to master JobServe & LinkedIn to maximise your chances of success
- Everything you need to know about company structure, finances, taxation, accountants & IR35
- You'll learn ALL of the critical components to becoming a successful IT Contractor so you can make an informed career choice
- Working in IT or a similar niche (or you have been previously)
- Ideally living & working in the UK (the content is UK-oriented, but many principles may also apply outside of the UK)
I created this course to help IT professionals learn all there is to know about IT contracting based on more than 25 years experience as a successful IT contractor all over the UK, Europe, Asia & Australia.
So many IT professionals I know get stuck in their permanent jobs, either expecting or hoping things will improve, waiting for that non-existent pay rise, that elusive bonus, or that great opportunity. The things we're hoping for often don't materialise and then you realise years have literally flown by.
I know, because I was exactly the same back in 1994. I felt underpaid, undervalued, unhappy, restricted by the work I was forced to do, the lack of holidays, the lack of control, and I knew the company didn't care about me. It all culminated in me taking them to court (you can hear why on the course!).
I created this content to help those of you that are maybe only a few steps behind me (in the contracting sense), so you can learn everything I know about contracting and about being a successful IT contractor. You'll learn everything I've picked up along the way, the mistakes I've made, the highs and the lows, I've included it all, nothing is held back.
The course is professionally shot and live edited, with full professional sound facilities. It's an interview style, fast-paced interactive course covering a lot of crucial content, where my colleague Theo asks all the questions you (as the viewer) might want to ask. Theo is a former professional TV presenter who now runs his own video production company.
I truly believe that if you're interested in becoming an IT contractor then this course can help to change your life. I've already helped many people transform their lives, providing them with more money, more freedom, more time and more confidence.
I look forward to seeing you on the inside!
IT Contracting Academy
** BONUS **
I have also included the AUDIO files (.m4a) for each of the modules, so you can download them to your devices and listen again and again, whenever and wherever you like. Perfect for the commute to work, in the car, or down the gym. Enjoy.
Who this course is for:
- IT Professionals
- Anyone interested in becoming an IT Contractor
- Anyone interested in transitioning to IT Contracting from Permanent employment
- IT Professionals who are unhappy with their permanent job who want to learn more about IT Contracting before they commit
- IT Professionals who have been made redundant or are using outplacement services and want additional career options
- IT Professionals who want to try Contracting in the future, but would like some additional support & knowledge
An IT contractor since 1996, I have been working in the IT industry since 1990 and have contracted all over the UK, Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
My niche is IT Infrastructure Monitoring - and as part of that niche I have to ensure I have a good understanding of many IT functions and silos, including Networks, Unix, Windows, Databases, Middleware, Scheduling & many more more. To implement a successful & effective monitoring strategy you simply have to engage with all areas of IT and many areas within the overall business.
The IT Contracting Academy
I now help permanent IT professionals or those out of work learn more about IT contracting so they can take control of their careers and become true masters of their own destiny.
I run regular free webinar training sessions showing IT professionals how they can confidently make the switch to IT contracting so that they can live a life they truly desire, enjoying more MONEY, more FREEDOM, more TIME and more CONFIDENCE.