Italics Calligraphy Masterclass
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 9 articles
- 31 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Write beautiful letters in ITALICS.
- Hand-write a certificate of achievement and a Thank You note.
- Find yourself a parallel pen (ou equivalent) & some good quality paper to run through your printer for the handouts.
- Oh! and a dose of perseverance is useful, too! No previous experience in CALLIGRAPHY is necessary.
- You don't need to be particularly artistically inclined ... you just need a desire to learn!
This is a course for beginner-intermediate calligraphers. No previous experience is required to take it, nor does it require any special artistic talent. What you DO need is the desire to learn and to practise!
We will be using parallel pens for our calligraphy, not dip pens. You will need at least one parallel pen (I recommend the 3.8 mm nib). You'll need to be able to print the practise sheets (PDF's) on good quality white printer paper.
There are a ton of exercises for you to do that will help you improve your calligraphy, as well as two projects (a thank you card and a certificate).
- Young or old, right-handed or left-handed, artistically gifted or not - anyone can learn traditional ITALICS CALLIGRAPHY!
Welcome! Let's get started on this wonderful calligraphic journey ...
At the same time, it's a big of a voyage into the past, as the italic script (or chancery cursive) was developed during the Renaissance in Italy.
Here is a list of the supplies you'll need in this course. One of the best things about calligraphy is that you don't need to spend an arm and a leg in tools and materials. And with on-line shopping at our disposition, you'll be able to find everything in a matter of "clicks"!
Guidelines are necessary when learning to draw your letters in calligraphy. This video shows you why we need them and how to use them. All the guidelines (in PDF) are available for downloading both throughout the course and in the Ressources section at the end of this course.
Get familiar with the downstroke letters (i, l, j, t, f) using a pencil.