Liguria cooking course
What you'll learn
- How to cook traditional Italian Riviera recipes
- How to prepare a whole Italian Riviera menu from scratch
- How to make the authentic Liguria basil pesto and prepare pasta al pesto like a loca
- How to approach a genuine and healthy Italian cuisine
- No previous cooking experience needed
- You will need basic cooking tools (shallow pan, baking tray, blender or mortar, spoons and knife, chopping board)
I’m a home cook, food writer and food blogger born and living in Genoa, the main city of Liguria. I’m a compulsive collector of Liguria traditional recipes and I teach people coming from all over the world how to cook them in my home kitchen in Genoa.
With this course you will learn the most iconic Italian Riviera dishes, like the famous basil Pesto, the very same I’m used to teach to my guests at home. I teach in this course in the very same way I do at home during my cooking classes in person, so my cooking demonstrations are genuine, spontaneous and approachable: you will feel like you were sitting across from me in my family kitchen.
I will show you the recipes step-be-step, sharing from time to time all the tips and tricks I have learned myself repeating these dishes time after time, first with my grandma supervising me and then by myself.
I will unlock many of the mysteries of Italian Riviera cuisine, including the famous basil pesto sauce. Whilst cooking I will also tell you stories of the origins of the dishes and their traditional ingredients. This will not only be an Italian cooking class but also a travel in the Italian Riviera food culture.
I start the class with a complete Ligurian Menu (starter, pasta dish, main dish, side dish and dessert) suitable for any season, but I will release some more recipes in the future, including the famous Genoese focaccia and the Ligurian savory pies.
You can have a look at my food-blog "A small kitchen in Genoa" to peep into my cooking world or follow me on Instagram as @asmallkitcheningenoa! I hope you will enjoy this class!
Who this course is for:
- People who love cooking and Italian food
- Beginner cooks who want to experiment easy and tasty Italian Riviera recipes
- Those who have an interest in Italian Riviera food and culture
- Italian cuisine lovers
I've been teaching Italian Riviera cuisine since 4 years now. I organize regional cooking classes for people coming from all over the world in my family kitchen in Genoa. I also organize food tours of Genoa and Liguria food experiences. I'm also a food writer and the soul behind the international food blog "A small kitchen in Genoa".