IT service operations and Service Desk management
What you'll learn
- Develop procedures for Incident resolving
- Develop models for specific types of Incidents and Service Requests
- Define the Service Request fulfillment procedures
- Implement Problem Analysis tools
- Establish Problem solving procedures
- Manage Event management process
- Develop an appropriate Service Desk structure
- Define requirements for Service Desk Information system
- Basic ITIL/ITSM
- Junior experience at a Help desk/Service desk or other IT junior positions
- Basic knowledge in IT management
The course material is based on the ITSM best practices, MOF(r), and also my on 15 years experience as an ITSM consultant.
In this course You learn a lot of tips & tricks to make Service Desk performance better.
You learn Incident and Request classification, specific features of performing major Incident resolving. You learn and practice on creating Incident and Request models for certain types of user calls.
While Monitoring/Event management studies You learn the best practices of building-in monitoring tools in an IT service, types of events, and management of them.
Problem management is mostly an expert area. At the course students learn and practice best practices of expert analysis such as mind maps, Kepner Tregoe analysis, Five Whys, and others.
Students will carefully examine different types of Service desk, and best practices of their implementation based on a company and its IT department characteristics. You learn how define 5x8, 24x7 and other work regimes, and develop a Service desk structure.
You learn and try the MoSCoW prioritizing matrix to define requirements for a Service desk and supporting software systems.
During the course You practice in assignments, which are supported by the ITIL Expert trainer.
And after you learn all the previous items you become better prepared for professional ITSM intermediate level certifications.
Who this course is for:
- Service Desk/Help desk specialists
- Service/Help desk managers
- IT managers
- Business unit managers which closely collaborate with IT department
Online Education skills institute recommends:
Portfolio and Project Manager in IT, digital/virtual learning and professional training, and consulting.
25+ years of total experience in IT and 10+ years as a project and portfolio manager, consulting services, business trainer and startup mentor.
Grades and certifications:
Dr. Sci in System analysis,
Ph. D. in Management of technical systems
Portfolio, program and project management professional (PfMP,PgMP, PMP) by PMI
ITIL Expert, ITIL 4.0 Managing Professional, Strategic Leader
DevOps Product Owner
Agile Master certified
Online Professor at GBSB (Global), Zug, Switzerland
Certified Virtual learning trainer.
30+ professional trainings.
Over 10000 lifelong learners successfully passed trainings, and accelerated their career.