How to protect and secure your organisation's network from inside and outside threats
How to make sure employees are following best practices
How to improve user awareness of phishing and vishing scams
Different types of vulnerability testing and associated legal considerations
To be an IT professional with some experience of working within a helpdesk environment
Over this course, we'll be going over how to protect your organisation's computer network from any internal and external threats, whether this be from a technological or a human point of view.
Topics on the course:
* Preventing phishing and vishing (telephone) scams
* Checking common mistakes with security settings
* Security testing and the associated legal considerations
* Non-standard devices and preventing offline (face-to-face) social engineering
* Password policies and preventing credential sharing
* Alternative authentication, system patching and centralised reporting.
Also included are some real-world examples of situations where you might encounter the topics on the course, in order to help you identify these within your own organisation, and be able to resolve them appropriately.
Who this course is for:
Existing IT support technicians who are wishing to learn new skills
I've had a passion for technology from a very early age and achieved Microsoft Certified Professional status in 2004. Over the last 5 years or so I've worked on both IT support and infrastructure support and have provided solutions to 1st line helpdesk staff on how to fix basic problems.