I.T. Project Management for Beginners: A Step-by-Step Guide
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand what a project is.
- Understand the key project roles.
- Understand the key project stages.
- Understand how to initiate, plan, execute, control and close a project.
- Effortlessly handle risk, issue and change management.
- Learn how to manage and control resources.
- Be immediately effective in your new project management role.
- No prerequisite knowledge is required.
This course will provide you with the essential knowledge and techniques to successfully manage I.T. projects. It is ideally suited to those who may be leading a project for the first time and who need to be immediately effective. All project stages are covered, and a pragmatic, step-by-step approach is taken throughout the course in order that the student can quickly understand and subsequently utilise core project management concepts. Quizzes are included to test your knowledge, and example documents and processes are available as supplementary material that you can download as needed. On finishing the course, you will also receive a Certificate of Completion.
- First-time Project Managers who need to be immediately effective.
- Current Project Managers who may want to refresh their knowledge.
- Confirming the sponsor, steering group members, other key stakeholders.
- Obtaining all background information.
- Agreeing core project team members.
- Holding a preliminary kick-off meeting to confirm project purpose, objectives, success criteria, key milestones, and scope.